Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Ws

Who: every single dayhome child
What: was in a cranky mood
Where: ALL OVER THE HOUSE!
When: the entire day, yesterday
Why: something crabby in the air? Who knows!? I swear, by 9:00 AM, I was ready for nap time! I don't know how it's possible that they ALL have a 'bad sleep' the night before, or how they're all feeling a bit 'sick', or whatever. But seriously, yesterday was the day of AHHHHGGHGHHG!

Who: me, and the kids
What: got an hour of running in
Where: around McKenzie Lake
When: last night, while LL was in Brownies
Why: well, my scale is slowly inching the WRONG direction! I will prevail, however. I have started this running thing, and HOPE to continue it during the fall. Running yesterday, pushing the stroller and Bear keeping up on his bike, it was SO nice. Just breathing in the crisp, cooler air. And McKenzie Lake has a lot of mature trees around it, so for most of the run there were some crisp leaves to crunch through. How is anything a better sound than that? I don't know why, but I heard it's because I was BORN in it, but something in me comes alive in the fall. I feel more vibrant and at peace. Every year, without fail, I have this experience. I am a fall baby. I look best in fall colours (my colouring was done a few years back, and I'm a "TRUE SPARKLING AUTUMN") and I'm just happy at fall. I mean, what's not to love?!

Who: MC
What: gave me a GREAT link to a GREAT Play-doh recipe
Where: at THIS LINK
When: a few days ago was when she sent me the recipe, but I made it today
Why: Why'd she send it, or why'd I make it? Well, no matter to either of the options... I mean, I RUN A DAYHOME (so does she) so why else would I make it?! Point is, it's a GREAT recipe, so thanks for sharing MC. Now I share with the world. Took 5 minutes to make, and the playdoh itself is really good.
And, for those who care...
we're up to 10 mighties. Did I always have these mice, and just not notice until I put a million traps out? Or is this a new thing? Oh, and PS-- DON'T fall for that 'radar sound mouse deterant' thingimabob-- OBVIOUSLY it doesn't work!

4 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

10 mighties....that's crazy. my parents had mice and it took forever to get rid of them...but they did.(sorry, you probably didn't want to hear that)
ohhhhh, autum, gorgeous colors, love it. my fave time of year.
and there must be something in the air because i was ready for a nap and cranky by 9am...
have a great day!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wanna get rid of the mighties? Try Absolute Pest Control, the guy is Conrad. Or Poulins Pest Control, Nick is the best guy there. They use commercial stuff that actually works and absolute (maybe poulins too) has a 6 month no vermin guarantee. we have kids too, so they can do stuff that kids won't get into. good luck! you know, they say for every 1 you see there are 7 you don't...

gross hey.

Anonymous said...

it sounded like you made the playdoh to EAT IT by calling it a recipe, haha
I made breakfast this morning with a cool recipe, yam and eggs! Try it! I'll send you the recipe if you remind me on facebook!

Debbi said...

thanks guys. I WILL beat these things. ew.

and jjwt, thanks for the link to the pest control peeps. yah, I'm worried about the kids part, but if you have kids and didn't find a problem, that's good then.

EW-- one for every seven I don't see?!! GAHHHHHH!!