Monday, September 15, 2008

The Weakened... er... Weekend.

Okay, se we're all a bunch a' sickos in this household. (Hold your laughter, my close friends who already THINK I'm a sicko--- I mean it literally!). Yep. Coughing and sniffling and grouchy. Okay, the grouchy part is normal. The sniffing and coughing is not. Even Chris said he was surprised I'm sick-- I NEVER get sick. This bites.We did end up trekking to LA (Lethbridge, Alberta, for those less versed in Canadian speak) Friday night so that I could visit my parents. Our ward had a temple trip scheduled for Saturday morning, and the thought of getting my three monkeys out the door at 6 AM didnt' really appeal to me. Funny that. So, driving out the night before saves me LOTS of sleep-hours. Kinda. Just not when my brother and his friend, my Dad and Mom are all up talking with me, eating Wendy's Frosties with french fries. Mmmmm. Best gross-sounding misture ever! The temple was fine. Side note: I find it funny, after doing a session at the temple, that people say, "how was the temple?" Uhhhhh, it's the same ceremony it was last time!! LOL How can one time be "WOW, THAT WAS JUST AWESOME!?" and the next time (exactly the same ceremony, word for word) "Meh, it wasn't great". ??? Are people really gonna answer, "it sucked" ? Actually, it might be entertaining to answer that way once just to watch the reactions. Silly, rhetorical questions deserve silly answers. But, it's one of those things people ask. I don't get it.

Took the kids around the grounds later. Snapped these pics. Then drove down the street to visit my sister and my 8 nieces and nephews. We used to live 5 minutes away, and I miss my kids being able to play with their cousins often. Of course, I miss my sister, but I miss ALL my sisters, ALL the time! L-R: Lola, T-Bear, CC, Me, Kiki, See-saw... ;) kidding, Marce.

Drove home. Everyone felt sick, and then we went to bed. After I had my 'pity party' Saturday night. Sunday, we were all still sick, so unfortunately, we all skipped church. I hate doing that-- it ruins my week. Things just feel off-- something about schedules-- I'm kinda anal about routine like that.

Chris came over last night. We took the kids for a walk.... our typical walk past EFs house. It was funny to see Chris kinda NERVOUS! I asked him about it, but he's only actually afraid of EFs DH coming out of the house in an angry rage. Which he wouldn't do. But not the point. And don't ask what the point is-- apparently I don't have one. It was just an observation.

A week or two ago, he was telling me about this girl he's dated a few times. He hadn't told her about me or the kids, but really liked her. And thought she liked him too. He asked my opinion on when to tell people about having kids and an 'ex-wife'. My opinion? If they can't handle that news from the beginning-- do you really want to waste time and emotion on someone who's gonna freak out when you DO tell them? Do you WANT someone who doesn't like the fact that you're a parent? Uh, not likely.

So, he agreed with my opinion. And told her on their next date. That didnt' go over well, apparently, as he told me last night. Yikes. But, although, understandably, he feels slightly rejected, he's glad to find out NOW instead of months later when he really cares about this girl.

Makes me worry about dating. I don't even know WHAT do expect! And seriously, what the freak to WEAR! LOL. First dates suck! Stresses me. I'm SOOO out of practice on first-date etiquette! *shudder*.. when that day happens, be prepared for a humourous post on the horrid details of my embarassment! lol

4 comments:

Rach and Tay Campbell said...

those photos of your kids in front of the temple are FABULOUS...and you (and the girls) look just awesome! it sounds like a busy weekend! are we going dancing this weekend? im so in. we'll dress to impress...and then go..and look UNimpressed the whole time...guys like that. HAHA...just kidding?...boobs.

Debbi said...

hahah, Rachel, you crack me up. I SO wanna go dancing.

boobs.

Unknown said...

I MISS YOU TOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Janell said...

I landed on this post somehow by aimlessly web-surfing. I just wanted to tell you you made me smile with your comment regarding "how was the temple?" I agree! My first-thought flippant answers of, "Still there," "still very white," and "nothing new," just don't seem to answer the context of the question. Sigh.