Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wednesday Ws

Who: this yummy mummy (take that as a slight sarcastic remark)
What: stood on the scale again!! dun dun duhhhhh
Where: um. In the bathroom. Who cares?! lol
When: this morning
Why: I'm curious how heavy tit and tat are. (oh, and if you can think of a BETTER name for the twins, because tit and tat are soooooo wrong!!!-- I'm open to suggestions) How much weight, now that I'm TWO WEEKS post-flat-chestedness (lol), did I actually gain in this process? So far, that is.
I stood on the scale 1/2 hour before surgery. I was 137, pretty much (their scale was up a few pounds, but the Walmart one earlier that day wasn't). And I stood on the same scale again, 18 hours post-op. I was up to 152! That was shocking!!
Got home. And in the course of the few weeks, I've brought my scale back down to 142. Not bad, if you ask me! Up only 5 pounds. WEEEEE.
New goal? you guessed it-- 139. AGAIN!!! Grrrrrrr. lol I can officially start running today (although who the heck thinks THAT'S a good idea?! lol) but I haven't found a good sportsbra that would fit my measurements now. On top of that, I have to buy and wear TWO! (Dr's. orders)
Oh... and those measurements!~? yah, I took them. I'm exactly 'hourglass'. ish. lol I am 38-30-38. So I'm glad I'm relatively proportionate. :D One more week until I'm out of bandages and into 'regular' bras. YAY!

Who: deadbeat mom
What: didn't get her little boy into Beavers this year!
Where: ANYWHERE!
When: on any night!! Well, kinda....
Why: They don't have enough leaders for the amount of 5-year old boys in the area. So they don't have space. And, saddest yet, they called last night. They had room for him in the Sunday Beaver Colony. I had to decline, stating that Sunday is our religious day. :( Saying things like that is so hard to do. I know it's the RIGHT choice, but it still sucks, seeing as he misses out on Beavers this year because of the right choice. :(

Who: NOT deadbeat mom
What: took the kids out
Where: to Boston Pizza
When: last night, supper time
Why: for FHE (family home evening). FHE is a night that is 'promoted' by our church to strengthen families and build relationships. We usually have it on Monday nights, although, last night was Tuesday.
When I was a little girl, my parents took us to Swiss Chalet for FHE to tie along with a lesson on 'manners'. They were prepping us for a dinner at a ritzy place we'd be performing at, but, oddly enough, it's one of the few FHE lessons I actually recall from my own childhood. Sure, it's only Swiss Chalet. And sure, I only took my kids to Boston Pizza. But that's not the point.
They were SOOO well behaved. Although Mimi had some issues, the three of them did me proud, and we had a good time.
They may not recall this FHE as anything special. But it was fun to pass along the tradition. I think I'll do it again-- I didn't have to cook OR clean-- how does it get any better?! ;)

8 comments:

Rach and Tay Campbell said...

your such an aweosme yummy mummy! tit and tat...I like it...but you could just refer to them as "your sisters"
"oh ya, my sisters and I are going swimming with the kids!"
hahahaha LOVE IT! we should see eachother soon. xx

Debbi said...

my sisters.. haha. That would work, but then my REAL sisters may be confused! lol

Unknown said...

I don't want to be confused with your breasts, Debbi. ;)

Debbi said...

hahah, no worries. You're way prettier than them. But you DO have brown eyes! ROFL-- ew.. I can't believe I said that. But it's too funny not to keep up there!!!

The Bullknitter said...

tit and tat? Oh, I don't think so. I would just call them the girls. But I hope I don't have to talk to them too often...

Debbi said...

hahahaha. Oh Bull- you are one funny lady! Whom I love!

Unknown said...

Well at least we know who's genes you got. Remember how Kevin and Jason were always comparing their nipples because ones was pink and the other's brown?? They know which one Dad has....
LOL

Debbi said...

WHAT?!! No, I don't know that story!! LOL-- and I'm disturbed by it to begin with! HAHAHA.