Monday, September 8, 2008

Sound the Retreat!!!!!!

Okay, time to blog. Babes are playing peacefully, laundry is in the rinse-cycle, and MOST of the house is livable. lol I never make claim to a CLEAN house!

I have a new dayhome child today. She doesn't speak English! :S This is one of those times where I actually wish I remembered my highschool french class! HA. Actually, no I don't. I can remember more Japanese from 7 months there than the 7 years of school-french classes!!! Thankfully she gets her point across, and in general, is getting along nicely. I'm going to be having a lot of turnover in the dayhome in the next few months, which kinda stresses me. My two full-time kids are moving to Edmonton in November, so that leaves me totally dependant on 'part-timers'. And I don't like that instability for financial reasons. I'm thinking I'm going to advertise for more full-time only kids and see what transpires.

Speaking of new kids- ran into EF and her kids yesterday. truth be told, she ran into me-- literally. She was out, running with the kids, and stopped by my house. I spoke with her about her kids and dayhome, and they're a for-sure starting in January. But they're not totally full-time, either. At least it's two extra kids, though. (one full days, one before and after school)

Today I also start picking up a little one from morning kindergarten down my street and watch her for the afternoon. She's fulltime afternoons. lol.

I had a great weekend!! Friday night we went to a RS retreat. Think: a big sleepover with more than 60 women (at least?), in one HUGE log house, eating foods that are NOT in a food group, and bonding in our jammies.There were soooo many women there, from all ages and all walks of life- all of us with one goal in mind; stop trying to be a 'superwoman'. Stop trying to do it all, to do it all perfectly, and to do it all perfectly happily. To grasp reality, and accept our mortality in what we're truly able to accomplish and not what we THINK we should be doing. We played. We laughed and laughed, and we played silly games like this:




Good times. We were up until, like, 3:30 AM, so, needless to say, Saturday we were all pretty sleepy. But it was worth it.

Saturday night I chilled. And the rest of the weekend was pretty low-key. I did go out for sushi, though. Yes, by myself. It was good. Until the guy beside me- possibly in his early 50s, turned to me and said, "so, do you eat Sushi here often?".

UHHHHHH===== did I just get do-you-come-here-oftened??? Yep. Seriously truly got that line used on me! Oh dear. Do I come here for sushi often... welllllllll, considering it's a SUSHI BAR, funny enough, *YES* I DO come here for SUSHI often!!! Seriously!?!!!! lol

And I finally found two sports bras to help me from giving myself two black eyes while I run! lol One from Lululemon (thanks Amanda, for that advice), and one at Sears (thanks to Sin). Now to start the running part-- I have no excuse any more! :( lol Someone give me the motivation!!!! Anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

black eyes?? oh puh-leeeeze. ;)

Debbi said...

Marce-- these puppies would bounce somethin' fierce!!! lol

Debbie Jo said...

Marc - its creepy how much they bounce! LOL

Love ya Debs!

If you EVER need a sushi partner, I'm A HUGE sushi fan!

Unknown said...

LOL oh you two!

The Bullknitter said...

You could always do the ol' power walking - if you're afraid of black eyes.... Stay away from 50 year olds. Your kids would have to call him Grandpa instead of dad. Course he could be rich...

Debbi said...

no worries about the old dude, J!! Ew. He wasn't even a HOT old dude! LOL

Carla McDaniel said...

too bad for that old dude...and he wasn't cute???? i almost feel bad for him!! but who wouldn't put the moves on you???
love ya