Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Someone's Got SERIOUS Gas Issues!

Um, this morning was entertaining.. in a not-so-funny way.

Sitting here, it's a tad too early for the kids to play outside. One, the grass is still quite dewy and they'll freeze, and two, they SCREAM when they play outside. (naturally, don't all kids!?) I don't think my neighbour (who JUST got home from the hospital yesterday with her itty-bitty brand-new baby) really wants to be woken up by screaming kids. Gah.

(and side note: seeing the neighbour walk into her house with her hubby and new baby, I was kinda surprised by myself. Yes, babe is cute. But seriously... the jealousy and pain I used to feel over people having babies-- ya, SO NOT THERE! I thought, blegh--I HATE the new-baby life. You are tired, you're emotional, you're leaking out of WAY too many places, your body hurts EVERYWHERE (see: leaking out of WAY too many places), and you don't know what the baby wants or needs or anything! I do NOT miss that. I hate nursing. And I hate being 'fat' for someone else's food-storages. UG. So, in an interesting inner-reflective way, I realized I'm okay never having another baby. HUGE STEP for me. I mean, it's unlikely, anyways, given my current life situation and what I want for my future. Not a FOR SURE NEVER HAVING ANOTHER BABY thing, but if or when that time comes with a new spouse, that'll be a VERY serious conversation. I am not AGAINST having more kids. Just not sure I need to push them out myself! Ew.)

Mimi a few days after she got out of the NICU after birth.

Okay-- side note was WAY too long. Back to the dayhome, it being too early, etc...

So, they're inside. Waiting with baited breath (what the heck is baited breath anyways-- sounds like 'fish-breath', and frankly, I don't think that's a good thing to say you're waiting with! Brush your teeth if you have baited breath!!) Oh yah.... so they're waiting with fish breath to go play outside. Man, my tangent thoughts are killing the flow of my writing today! lol

And the power goes out. Gone. Flickers, and dies. This is still in the 8-hour of the morning-- WAY too early for much of anything! I think Walmart's open! lol Construction crews are ALWAYS hitting something, so, albeit annoyed, it's not totally unheard of.

So, I make a grocery list, and trek four monkeys into the van. Driving by the church and the condo construction crews, busy digging away with their "mighty machines" and hoes and dump trucks and whatever else.

We went to the store, picked up Bear from school (it's my turn this week to pick up him and his friend, "Sars" from school). Funny sidenote (yes, I know, another dumb sidenote... bear with me)- 'Sucky boy' from the dayhome? Yah, he's apparently afraid of east indian people. SCREAMED his head off when Sars got into the van and CONTINUED TO SCREAM until we got Sars home-- FIFTEEN LONG MINUTES LATER! I tell ya, 15 minutes isn't long in real life. In crying-child life, 15 minutes is tough. In SCREAMING CHILD life, 15 minutes KILLS ME!!!

Anywho. Got the next little one picked up from the busstop, went home and made lunch. Happily, the power is back. (duh. how else would I be posting. Wow, I'm not the sharpest lightbulb in the crayon package)

Just sat down to catch up, blog and stuff, and another dayhome mother phones. She lives around the corner from me, and informs me to look outside.

I go out to my backyard-- there are fire trucks GALORE, construction crews running around like mad, and allllll the roads to my house are blocked off. Turns out, she's driving and comes to this road blockage, and asks the crew member who's guarding the entrance what's up. The silly back-hoe operator dude apparently hit a MAJOR natural gasline. So major, that when I step outside, we can HEAR the hissing of the gas! Yah. We're on alert for evacuation. SERIOUSLY!? I just freeking got the babes to go down for a nap! That bites. So here's hoping there's not an evac-order.

After watching the kids outside in the backyard and the sandbox, I think they should seriously consider hiring Bear to their crew-- I think he uses his 'mighty machines' FAR better than they seem to be doing!!

10 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

Evacuation possibility...that's crazy! Those mighty machines can cause havoc. have a great day you!

mcdltdsy said...

Cool.. possible Evacuation.. sounds like quite the adventure!!! Good luck with that :)Hope everything turns out ok though.

So@24 said...

Leaking?? LEAKING??

Nobody said anything about leaking!!

*faints*

Debbi said...

yep, SO, you leak outta places you didn't even KNEW could leak! fun fun.

Debbi said...

*know

The Bullknitter said...

I so missed all the drama. Went to the pet store with Miranda. She has this whole "buy a dog" thing planned and Ed won't even know what him. I'm talkin' she picked out the chew toys, leash and collar.

Anonymous said...

I'm confused, didn't you say on x-weighted that you wanted more kids, and Chris having the snip-snip was bad? Now no kids? Are you thinking about adopting? That would be a good route I think, no pushing/bloating/leaking/water retention. And maybe a 2 year old, who sleeps through the night...

Debbi said...

yes, Chels. The vasectomy was really tough-- AT THE TIME. It took the show, and time, and everything else that's happened to help me lose that pain. Now, I have 'moved past' that, so to speak. I don't feel the need to have more kids myself, (BUT I WOULD IF IT WAS WHAT I WANTED LATER).
No, I won't adopt. I would have my own. Or, a new spouse would have some of his own, and we'd be a blended, happy family that way.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just read my comment again and it sounded wicked mean, I didn't mean it like that Debbi, so please excuse me. I'll have to give you a hug tomorrow to make up for it.

Debbi said...

I didn't think it came across as mean, so no worries! But hugs are ALWAYS good! :)