Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A New Tune

It's supposed to be a Tuesday Tunes day. But I have no rocking tunes to enlighten you with. Well.. nothing new, nothing angsty, nothing funny. Nothing that's sticking out. BUTTTT, I want to add these songs just because I like them, and they may be something you'll like too.

(These are kinda wedding-ish songs. )

  • Nothing Fancy (again by Dave Barnes. ABSOLUTELY love love love this one!)
And then these two songs, because I love them. Sorry there's no link-- they're not on Youtube. So the first video is boring, but just listen to the words.

Sometimes He Lets It Rain- Katherine Nelson When I need to remember, these words help. It's kinda like one of my faves from my girl, Jo Dee (and Tim) "Bring On The Rain" (EDIT-- AFTER FOUR HOURS OF DOWNLOADING THE STUPID VIDEOS I DID, THIS BLOG SITE *STILL* CAN'T UPLOAD THE VIDEOS. SO, THE WORDS ARE HERE, IF YOU WANT THEM.)

She- Cheri Call I know it seems silly. But this song reminds me of my sisters. I wanna learn the guitar to it so I can play this song someday. I made this slideshow-- sorry it's kinda crappy quality. But looking at a blank picture for an entire song twice in a row would drive ME nuts! (EDIT AGAIN-- THIS VIDEO DIDN'T UPLOAD EITHER. AND 6 HOURS OF WAITING IS RECOCKULOUS! SO, IF YOU'RE FRIENDS WITH ME ON FACEBOOK, CHECK IT OUT ON MY WALL. IF NOT, UH.... IMAGINE A REALLY GREAT SONG! LOL WORDS HERE)

In other notes, I finally did it. I got the kids fed, homeworked, and dressed early enough so that I could get in a run. After dinner, we went out (two bikes and a jogging stroller later) and, although it was only a 1/2 hour run (compared to my usual hour), it was nice to do it again. My butt felt it, that's for sure. Tonight I hope to run again while LL's at Brownies. While the fall air gets cooler, it brings me back to my days of running Cross Country in school.

I do miss running on my own, though. It was my pure release. Not worried about the blanket getting caught in the wheels, or which direction to tell the kids to bike, or looking for cars FOR them..I could tune out with the ipod, or just daydream, making up conversations with people or whatever. I understand if you think that's wierd. Whatev. It's my thing.

I had a few 'aha' moments yesterday in conversation with a girlfriend. The same girlfriend whose husband is also emailing me, like I talked about HERE. The wife is OBVIOUSLY oblivious to the fact that her hubby is emailing me, and when I asked him how things are going with the two of them, his reply was FAR differed from hers when I asked her.
On the same day.

But she asked me a good question. A month ago, my answer would have been immediate and obvious. Today, because of the time Chris and I are spending together and enjoying together, my answer needed serious thought. And, even after thinking about it-- I had no answer.
"If you and Chris are getting along so well, and you still love each other, and you admit that most people wouldn't know from the outside that you're divorcing,...
if he decided he wanted to be married, wanted to work it out and begged you to take him back- would you?"

I couldn't answer. I know this is probably another 'phase' that is normal. The 'I want you back' phase. And I know it could change.

I know I've been so sure for so long. And now, I'm cloudy. Ish. And yet, not. And yet, I sit here sometimes, just shaking my head at how he can't see how great we are. I think even he has these feelings, as he told me yesterday that a flirty comment some guy made to me made him jealous. I know, if he did want to get back together and stop the proceedings, that I'd have a hard time making the right choice. Since I don't know what that is. Keep the course? Just to spare my pride, to avoid the 'what are you thinking's' from everyone else with an unwanted opinion. (Vocal or not, people's opinions are fairly evident in the course of this. I can tell by little things they say or do or act) Or, stay together? And avoid the nasty dating scene altogether!? lol

3 comments:

Rach and Tay Campbell said...

hey boobs...I love your blog. Bex always talks about how i "personlaize things" haha like music. I totally use your blog as a way of venting things i cant work out in my head...thanks love

Debbi said...

good, babe.. Use my blog as you like.

Cheryl and Bob said...

From what I know about you (which really isn't that much) you seem like the type of person that doesn't really give a flying fart what other people think. Deep down, you know what will make you happy--whether that is with Chris or not. You are an amazing person!! You've got this!