Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Days of Interesting Days

I know, it's Wednesday. Which means it should be a Wednesday W's day. But because there's sooo much to say, I couldn't bear to subject myself to that forum for today. Instead, we're going on a different theme. Everything lately has been kinda... weird. So, today we're gonna do, Wednesday Weirds...

Monday consisted of a bunch of weird, random encounters that I was soooo unprepared for. I mean, none of them were BAD per se, but in general, they were just, weird.

I got an email from each side of a married couple, but each of them sent it to me personally. She wanted to know how single life was treating me, and he wanted to know about the boobs. LOL. Typical, right? okay, both of them are unaware the other has emailed me ON THE SAME DAY, no less. I don't hear from this couple EVER, and here, on the same day, they both message me. One with genuine interest in life as a single mom (?? should I assume there's a bit more to her proding?) and one with genuine interest in, to put it frankly, FEELING my new girls! Ahhhh, big problem, me thinkie. I had an inner chuckle to myself, all the while, thinking... is this for real!? Where's the hidden camera!? And how the heck do I reply to EITHER of them!?

Next is a phone call from someone who is, uh... ten steps more ahead of a relationship than I am. Problem is, that relationship centres on ME! HAHAH, didn't know I was in the market! lol AWKWARD!

Then, as if some weird bermuda triangle thing hit my life, that friend who was flat out ignoring me was totally acting all normal again. ??? uh.. did I miss something!? There was no reason for the ignoring. Nothing. So call me confused and paint my toenails, but I shook my head for the millionth time... and it was only Monday morning!

Another married guy friend keeps asking me to join him and his wife. First off, lets set something straight! I do NOT know why these things are all happening at this time in my life-- I find it disturbingly humourous. To that point of nervous laughter...uh...'is this for real, what the freek do I reply with? LOL" Secondly, uh, the answer is a resounding NO! Like you were all worried, I'm sure! HAHAHAHA. But, seriously! Worse of worse, his wife--- NOT INTO THAT!!! HAHAH, what, like bringing in a third person when your WIFE isn't into it is going to go as 'planned'.. That would be a mistake of EPIC proportions! LOL
Shakes head.
And, he is well aware of my situation in life currently, so asking me to help a married man cheat-- yah, A) don't know me well enough AT ALL!!!! And B) really don't get that I'm probably the LAST person to approach for support in that category right now! And ever. So yah, no. Major weirdness to me.

Then the doorbell rings. That's unexpected, since the kids I dayhome are all here-- and parents aren't due to arrive for a while. Who's at the door? EF and her daughter. !!!!!???? Nice to see her, her daughter rushes in and gives me a huge hug. (I, of course, am careful to hug people these days. lol) EF then starts gushing about the twins-- how much were they? They look great. How do I feel? What size did I go? ... and then starts to touch them. LOL For some reason, I felt pregnant again-- people who just up and touch your buldging bodyparts without permission. lol I thought it was fairly weird. Kinda waited for the 'I came over because I wanted to talk about such-and-such moment' , or 'I need a cup of sugar' or something. Nope. Just came over to check out the goods growing off my chest. LOL Just me, or a little weird?!

Weird was also knowing that I was 'alone' for reals. Uncle wasn't coming home later. He wasn't gonna be around to take care of the TWO Mighty Mouses that we caught while I was gone. ew. Chris was nice and actually took care of them both. Which was fine with me this time, as I'm not really feeling strong enough in my upper body to lift an entire SHOVEL to dispose of them MY way. LOL I can barely wipe my kitchen counters. So my kitchen floors, because they're unvacuumed, are pretty scary right now. Meh. It's just Crispy Rice cereal. It'll get cleaned eventually. lol

We went and finished the kids' school shopping... buying shoes and supplies. It was nice to have Chris' help, since pushing a cart woulda hurt. And I don't have the energy to deal with three monkeys alone. He has been helping a lot with stuff around here too-- getting stuff down from up high (that's the part of the surgery I hate the most-- don't really wanna lift my arms too high) and stuff like that. I haven't had to cook yet, so that's also a nice break. Won't last forever, but I'll take it for now. Thanks for the meal, too, Val!

Chris slept over Monday night. Before you all get your panties in a bunch-- it was totally fine. He, in his mid-life crisis, bought a crotchrocket motorcycle. He has wanted one for a while, so, in truth, it's not much different than me getting a boobjob. lol But the weather was crappy and raining Monday night, and he couldn't ride his bike home. He's only had his licence for a few days and isn't too confident to do that yet. No biggie. I'd prefer that anyways-- last thing I need is having to explain to my kids that something horrible happened to Daddy. Yah... soooo not up my alley. Parked his bike in the garage and slept here. Which was nice, seeing as it meant I wasn't alone in the house for the first night without Uncle. We didnt' want the kids to get confused, though, so he left before they were awake. I think having Daddy at the house in the morning would only create bigger confusion that niether Chris nor I think is a good idea. Weird, yes. But not in a bad way.

Yesterday morning I spent laughing until I cried, talking with my girlfriends on the computer. Man, I remember what I missed about that. Seriously, I have great friends.

Then, we had our final mediation meeting with Ms. Tim Hortons. It was exactly as expected-- smooth and no problems. We (being Chris and I) kinda expected to talk about certain things, but apparently mediation doesn't deal with financial agreements/housing..etc. So that kinda surprised us, only because we were hoping to put all that down on paper too. It's considered "Separation Agreement" type of stuff, and this was a "mediation agreement". Uhhh, what's the difference? Doesn't matter. It's done. At least, the mediation part is. I guess we'll eventually have to do the separation agreement part... which we will. Someday. It was nice to get that over and done with, though. Even though it took about 3 hours, it was totally good.

And my visiting teacher and another woman from my ward came over to watch not only MY kids for the 4 hours I was gone, but the dayhome kids too! Fed them lunch! Put them down for naps! Entertained them...and, shame of all shames, cleaned my kitchen. I was SOOO thankful. Especially because they both had much more important personal things to take care of, but they came and did that for me. I love the ward I'm in-- the women here are truly amazing examples of friendship and sisters.

And that pretty much leaves me at today. Took TWO painkillers last night in an attempt to get through an entire night without waking up at about 3 am in pain. It worked.... slept until the alarm went off, but my head reallllllly hurts this morning. BOO on that. So I took a tylenol. Taking a drug to minimize a drug-induced headache seems kinda addict-y to me. lol Ya ya.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you taking advil? You probably already know this, but you can take a tylenol and an advil at the same time. Tylenol for pain, advil for inflammation. They won't interact with each other and, if you're like me, they won't affect your mental sharpness (is that a word?).

I was thinking of you this morning while I mopped my kitchen floor...getting up all those krispies. I wish I lived closer...I'd come do yours too. I can't imagine how you're doing all that you're doing with the dayhome kids. You shouldn't have to do your floors on top of it all. But, from the sounds of it, you have great Visiting Teachers. I'm glad.

Debbi said...

Actually, I can't take anything but tylenol for a few weeks. Any aspirin product is bad for me right now. So I'll stick to the tylenol and just OD at night. lol

Anonymous said...

Oh interesting. Is it related to your personal health or the surgery?

Anonymous said...

what's with the ugly lady picture?

Debbi said...

LOL @ Kiki-- hahahah, those are the polygamist wives in Texas. LOL

Em, related to surgery, actually. Only for a few weeks. They don't like blood-thinners too close to surgery.

Debbie Jo said...

careful of those lovely drugs...no addict shmaddicts ok? LOL Enjoy reading that word a few times.

Anonymous said...

Advil is not aspirin. It is not a blood thinner....

As for the comment about the husband that wants you to join him and his wife. That is hilarious. Crazy but funny all the same. I might think that was my husband except I know he doesn't know you!!! LOL

Debbi said...

ROFL.. Debbie Jo you crack me up.

And good to know, Anon. haha, and by 'good to know', I'm referring to the Advil advice, not that your husband could be that man! LOL :P