Monday, August 25, 2008

Time to Settle Down

Okay, so I'm doing it. Sitting here, with far too much to talk about from the trip and no motivation to start. LOL I mean, where to start anyways?!~

okay, first off, since you're allll wondering with baited breath (okay, let's imagine-- because, honestly, baited breath just sounds suspenseful!) Yes, I got the job. I didn't need the lift after all-- Dr. said I could want one in maybe ten years, but don't NEED one. So I'm lift-free. And dang-nabbit, I'm happy I am! Because these girls are perky enough without a lift that I'd be worried I'd choke myself to death if I added the lift! lol They're very, uh... up there. In your face-- LITERALLY! LOL. It'll be a few weeks before they find their own, uh, niche, in my chest. ROFL-- this whole paragraph has gone WAY sideways fast. Point is (and yes, I have TWO points!!!!! LOL) I got the job. They're huge and hard and perky right now and slightly painful. I'm off the drugs-- can't be on drugs and dayhome kids-- that's just not kosher with me. And in a few weeks I'll be much more 'settled' into them.

Settling down- school starts next week and I am SO unprepared. Thankfully the uniforms are bought and sized and ready to go, but their shoes are still needed, and all their school supplies. And I'm looking for a carpool person to drive Bear home Monday to Thursdays after school so I dont' have to trek the dayhome everyday (during calgary winters.. blah) to get him at lunchtime. So not my cup-a-tea. And I don't like tea on a good day!

Chris came over last night. The kids had a GREAT time at my parent's house-- not that I knew they wouldn't anyways! They were talking about climbing trees and playing the piano and parades....they wouldn't shut up! Once we got them to bed, we talked for a long time again. We've turned a corner in our relationship again, a corner I enjoy very much. It's ALMOST at that 'why are we divorcing again?' corner, but not. I mean, we KNOW this is the right course of action, but the way we're getting along lately really makes us remember why we were such a great pair, usually. He signed the papers while I was in Utah. So now we're pretty much 'done' the work part. We have mediation tomorrow, but it should go smoothly and after that, there's nothing left to do. So that's nice. I guess. Weird. But good.

And I caught two more Mighty Mouses while I was away. Grrrrr. Time to buy more traps. But glad these ones are on the floor and easy to scoop with the shovel. haha. Now that Uncle has moved out totally, it really is Me against the World in this home. Scary. LL had a bad dream last night about our home being broken into-- her biggest worry is that Daddy's not here to keep her safe. I'm going to have to find ways to help that worry in her go away as best I can. I want and need her to feel safe at home. I know I'm not 'Daddy', but hopefully I can be one pretty darned good "Mommy" who does everything just as good. :)

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Congrats on your perky new breastesses. I only have a twinge of boob envy. lol.

David and Cheryl said...

Diddo what Nikki says! Are you gonna leave us all in suspense waiting for a peek a boo shot?!LOL! Anyways, I am glad that everything worked out the way you wanted it to! Take care!

Debbi said...

well, I won't be putting the before and after pics I took on my blog,no! lol They're hard to miss-- you'll see them. One picture of me and you'll DEFINITELY see them.