Friday, August 8, 2008

Cat Wanted!

GAHHH!!! It is 9:30, and my Friday is NOT going according to my master plan!! And yes, my master plan DOES include craziness-- just not to this extent!!! lol. I'm used to certain crazy adventures.. these are just plain overboard.

Okay, so the kids were up FAR too early for my liking. I usually get almost an hour of quiet time before they wake up while I wait for dayhome kids to arrive. They woke up nearly at the same time as me. :( no matter. Making my shake for breakfast, I had to grab some more orange juice concetrate from the freezer. I opened the door from the laundry room out to the garage, and heard 'scamper scamper'. ?? Odd. Once before I had a cat in my garage by accident, so I looked behind the garbage cans where I heard the loud sound. 'scamper scamper'. Without my glasses on, all I see is the mousetrap being PULLED ACROSS THE FLOOR by a 'headless' mouse!! AAAA!!!!! I hate hate hate hate hate mice! *shudder*. My heart leaped in fear, I grabbed the OJ and got back into the house before the monstrous super-mouse leapt out of it's trap and, with it's killer attack venomous buck teeth, started knawing horrible gashes out of my eyeballs. AHHHH!H!!!! MICE!!! There is no remedy for this type of pain!! I called my sister, who hates mice as much as I do, and we cried together. lol All the while, this horrible creature is suffering a slow, painful death at the bottom of my garage stairs. Dumb thing-- now I can't leave my house! I'm a shut-in!! I'm trapped in my own home!!!! lol

It was then, during our tears of laughter, we realized why I was REALLY going to miss Chris through the course of divorce!!! Somebody has to empty/remove that trap!

Okay, that started my day off on the nastiest foot.

THEN-- And here's the good news... Tuesday morning, Mimi determined that diapers were SO last week, and went 'cold turkey'. She has been bribed with candies, yes, but she is 100% potty-trained!! In three days! I'm in my own personal happy shock over here! She's dry overnight, she's pooping AND peeing in the potty, and were it not for the fact she refuses to wear panties under her dress, life is good! lol. Oh, and the fact that I'm STILL wiping her bum. :(
Soooo, today she went pee. And decided to bring the potty-bucket with said pee in it TO ME!! She accidentally fell down the stairs, and splashed her own pee ALL OVER HERSELF. ROFL!!! okay, it's not funny, but seriously hilarious at the same time. I had to wash her down again, clean up the pee, and still try to be considerate of the fact that she not only splashed her pee all over her, but fell down the stairs. HAHAHAH. I'm such a horrible person to find this oddly entertaining! lol

Last crappy part of my morning-- (haha, sorry, I wasn't trying to play on the potty conversation... moving on) one of the dayhome kids found my glasses. They 'loved' them to bits. And by bits, I mean that literally! My glasses were broken-ish before, but they were REALLY broken now. Thankfully I fixed them to 'wearable' status again. After spending an arm and a leg on contacts back when, I don't care about the glasses enough to get new ones. I will be wearing contacts just to spite the cost! lol

Oh, and yesterday- the 2 two year olds got into my makeup again. Covergirl Colorstay lipstick.... Doesn't come off for about 4 days, no matter what scrubbing and products are used. And dries nearly instantly. Producing yet another one of these moments-- but with TWO of them. One of them is a little boy, too. HAHA.

Oh, life is good. I have found humour again. haha.
Tonight is Bear's birthday 'party' at my house. Chris is coming to get them for the weekend, so we decided that we'll do the birthday dinner and cake here before he takes them, instead of late Sunday (which is Bear's actual birthDAY). Birthdays are a moveable feast in my life. (a picture from Bear's previous birthday-- funny, check out the hot nailpolish on my metrosexual little man! lol)

6 comments:

Becka. said...

We have kittens to spare out here at the farm that are EXPER mousers....and sweet as can be from being around my kids all day.

Carla McDaniel said...

I feel the same way about mice....YUCK, YUCK, AND YUCK!! So I totally feel for you. Next time call us and Chris will come over and deal with it for you...seriously. That is so not a job for us to do....gross!
Sorry you had a not so good start to your day...but hooray for the cold turkey potty training!!!! YIPEE!

holymotherofgod said...

omg if I had a nickel for everytime I pissed on myself ROFLMAO omg THANK YOU FOR THAT POST !!! Dude I needed that =)

The Bullknitter said...

That mouse picture is just too much. But the best kind of mouse is a dead mouse. Would you rather have bats? My mom has a problem with bats in her house. Poor Erica babysat my brother's kids at mom's the other day and battled several bats in the course of the evening. Big suckers they were too! I'd take Becka up on the cat offer...

Anonymous said...

for the lipstick comment...use baby oil it works that is what i use

Sharon said...

THAT is a truly horrendous mouse story. At least mine was a clean kill. Ryan was home but was busy "gaming" and said he'd clean it up in an hour. I couldn't wait the hour and rid myself of the sick little thing.
I'm looking for housing NOW.