Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday Ws

Who: Musicians
What: Made these songs
Where: in studios, I assume
When: when the mood stroke, I suppose. lol
Why: Okay, let's cut out this W stuff- it doesn't work for this part...My tunes lately. (ya yah, I know it's not Tuesday... hence, it's not a Tuesday Tunes post. It's a Wednesday Ws... and well, it's my blog, and I'll cry if I want to! lol)

And although THIS SONG was a song that reminds me of an ex (don't ask.. it's all good), I 'feel' it today.
THIS SONG is one of those ones I could listen to over and over again lately.

On a different note:

Introduced to THIS SONG recently through a friend, the words are EXACTLY me lately. I'm not generally into this type of music, but this one I like.
And when I need to remember.... why I'm doing this. (I'm really NOT this bitter, but I think it's funny to listen to. Okay, SOME days I'm this bitter... but not TRULY. I loved him. But he WAS one! *haha, how come jerks don't know they're jerks? HAHA*)


Who: The Elders
What: came over
Where: to my house, of course! lol
When: last night
Why: Well, the simple answer is because they're both being transfered to other areas, and they wanted to come by, say thanks for the good times, and goodbye. But I like to think that, in some small way, they were an answer to the prayer of my heart. No, I didn't PRAY they'd come over. But they showed up at PERFECT timing, we had a great, lighthearted talk in the backyard, and when they got up to leave, I asked for a blessing. When they pulled up in their car, as I was outside, that was HONESTLY my first thought-- ask them. I don't know my home teachers very well, and don't want to bother people to come over, so when they just showed up, I knew I was being watched over. Sounds trite to some, too religious and froo froo to others, but we all know that when times are truly hard, one's spirituality is what usually pulls them through. So tough for those who don't get that about me. I needed them right then. And they showed up. And that's not coincidental to me. These boys were great Elders, and I'll miss them. I usually like the newbie that replaces the old one(although it's rare to replace BOTH at the same time), so I'm sure things will be fine again. I needed their blessing. And I am happy I got it.

Who: Me and the kids
What: got a run/bike in
Where: through the community
When: last night
Why: It's proven that exercise alleviates feelings of depression and sadness by releasing endorphines and aiding in mental release of negative thoughts. So I took my cranky kids out... they needed those endorphines. (haha, TOTALLY KIDDING-- it was WAY me who needed it-- who are we really kidding here!? lol) Ran the same route as last time.. today, seeing EF probably would have done me in. She wasn't there, nor was her daughter. Happy not to have that dagger slightly twisted. Yes, I forgive EF. But it still reminds me of the reason the sugar hit the fan.

.....*thinks*

So really, I should thank her. Yep. Today I thank her for getting me out of that. Without her, would I have EVER known about what I know about? Would Chris and I have ever gotten better, or would I still be stuck in what I didn't SEE as unhappiness but was?

Okay, tangent over-- seriously, I need to stay on track with this post. lol

ANYWHO, running sucked. LOL haven't done it in WAY too long, so it's a good thing I did it today. Maybe I'll sleep better. But more importantly maybe it will help bring me out of this funk a bit. And, less importantly, I need to ensure that when I step on that scale tomorrow morning, it is STILL under 140. lol (yes, I step on my scale EVERY day. So what?)


Who: The Conquering HERO!
What: picked up limp-bodied Mighty
Where: from the safety of a long-handled shovel
When: yesterday.. (although Chris didn't end up coming over yesterday, I did it before lunch)
Why: now THAT is the question I keep asking myself! LOL. Yes, I picked up Mighty (in the trap, of course) with a shovel, 5 kids screaming and 'ew'ing and freaking out behind me... wait.. that was me freaking out. Nevertheless, the kids were all around, screaming too. But, PAT ON MY BACK, I put Mighty in the garbage and RESET a new trap. Yep. Me. All by myself. Don't THINK that I didn't want to call over my husky, manly-man neighbour who was outside at the time and ask him to do it... because the thought crossed my mind OVER AND OVER. But no. *I* did it. Me. By myself. With no encouragement from the peanut gallery. The peanut gallery was all dancing around like maniacs about the dead mouse. lol

We won't mention how, before I used the shovel to pick it up, I grabbed the LONGEST handled broom to 'poke' it just to be sure it was dead. ROFL. I'm not kidding. I thought, "maybe it's still alive, and when I go to pick up the dead carcass it will jump up and try to run away again!?" I HATE mice, and it's for the reason that my imagination is like THIS! lol

2 comments:

holymotherofgod said...

Ha! My original online name was poke-it-with-a stick LOL..!! made me think of that with the mouse thing..

Debbie Jo said...

I thought of you this morning as I was watching our new little pet mouse outside our sliding door window. I saw him rummaging through some boxes 'n stuff. Creeped me right out. At least I dont' have to deal with his dead body. I get to watch him play with my garbage from my living room couch!

I love how entertaining your blog is Debs. Entertaining when you you describe little kiddies screaming 'n such. I can actually hear your inflections in your voice as you type! Yes, I think I know you THAT well to hear your voice in your typing. Wierd I know!