Friday, August 29, 2008

I Love My Girls!

Ever laughed so hard that your boobs hurt? No? Just me? hm.. nevermind then. I think there's nearly NO part of my body that wasn't "clenching" in laughter last night- the first GV night since EVER. It was one of those nights we ALL needed, and it didn't fail to deliver. Man, how can you not love girls like this?? LOL And yes, they all met my new two members of the GV group... boob D and boob D2. (I know, DJo, you probably didn't want me telling everyone about that, hey? LOL)

We ate Fruit Pooh, which is only the yummiest concoction to ever come out a machine. Check it out-- frozen fruit turned into pulp that rivals ANY frozen yogurt, yet is PURE fruit and delish! MMM.

Yes, I love my GV girls!

And yes, I am learning to love my 'girls' too. As they get better and I don't shock myself when I look in the mirror. Kinda like that first time brushing your hair after a drastic haircut-- takes some getting used to, no matter HOW great the new look is.

And I love my girls, too.
LL and Mimi. I love Bear, too, but we're gonna talk about my girls today. Mimi has been beating the potty-training patience of mine. She was doing so fantastically until I left for b@@bapalooza, and since coming home, has been pretty hit and miss. As in, hit the floor and miss the potty. By a lot. Like, a whole other room! We POOHED on the floor yesterday. Lucky for me, she had diarrhea too-- that was super fun to clean up. GRRR. So, I'm hoping that she'll go back to the good job of training again. She sure liked being bribed, so I may start that up again for a week to kick start her memory.

LL, on the other hand, has been acting out something fierce. Fighting with people, backtalking to Chris and I, and worst- she's been stealing from AND lying to her friends. Then she lied to another friend, RIGHT after we got in a LARGE discussion about how to be a good friend and the consequences, etc. THEN she lied to me. It actually broke my heart, and I started tearing up as I told her that part of the reason Daddy doesn't live with us anymore is because he lied to Mommy too. That it really hurt me, and that the last thing I can handle is my children ALSO lying to me. The tears fell from my cheeks, and from the look of sorrow and sympathy on her face, I think she 'got it'. Until tomorrow. But hopefully something kicks in here.

We notice little things about her behaviour. I'm hoping that with school starting, and a little bit of a challenge and structure, she'll be better in a few months. That, and she'll see that neither Chris nor I are leaving HER, and that she's still loved to death by two parents who are working HARD *as a team* to do what's best for her. Maybe I'm not doing it right according to others, but I'm trying.

According to the 'experts', we're doing everything right related to how to help her through this change in her life. And according to the Lord, I'm trying. And there's nothing else I can do-- ask you all to love my daughter and help her feel secure. Ask you to pray with me for continued guidance on my behalf on how to help her grow up to be loved and spiritual-- a village to raise a child, right? And then, I need to do what the experts suggest. And rely on the Lord. And just remind myself that it's not really in my hands after that.

1 comments:

holymotherofgod said...

Wow you don't disappoint look at you go!