Friday, June 20, 2008

Breaking the Mold

Mould? mold? well, whichever, I'm breaking it! lol

Yesterday was the end of the parenting course. And it was awesome! lol. The second day was all about legal stuff, so I learned quite a lot, actually, which was helpful.

I'm sitting there, with a question, so I asked it. Now, let me preface- when people ask questions, it's usually a "my good friend" type of question-- you KNOW it's about their situation. So, I asked a question about mediation. Mediation is a procedure where the two parties and a mediator discuss issues calmly and write down a 'parenting plan'. It's highly recommended, as it keeps many issues out of court. Chris and I have already somewhat MADE a parenting plan. We just need it to be written down. So, when I told her we weren't fighting about ANYTHING, the classroom fell silent and she went off for a good 10 minutes on how that's not normal, how a "Tim Horton's divorce" is as rare as a solar eclipse, etc etc etc. She thought I was disillusioned, I know she does. I kept telling her how it was, and she kept telling me that it's not likely that 'simple'. ????

So, I went home to Chris. I sat down on the couch with him and we talked for a good 2 hours almost about everything I learned in class, about our next course of action...all that junk. It was a GREAT conversation, as I told him flat out why I decided to make June a non-trial month. I felt understood.

Side note-- AND WARNING to family members--- this next part may make people squirm, but it's my blog, so too bad! lol
It's been three weeks since I last had sex. AHHHHH!! lol I didn't think I'd care, but man, once you've gone through that 'gate', it's soooo hard to just go cold-turkey like that. I know, I know, you don't want to know that. But I've decided it MUST be PMS-- why else would I be crawling in my skin and cranky the day before!? lol Of course, Chris is all mad that he didn't get 'goodbye sex'. We laughed. yah, too bad, buster.

I got SOOOO much done on my list yesterday, which put me in a much better mood after getting it done. I still have a good chunk of stuff on today's list. And then I have the kids this weekend. YAY FOR ME, it's supposed to be hot and sunny all weekend! YAY!!!

6 comments:

The Bullknitter said...

So glad you got a lot done, but did you have to do your recycling???

Unknown said...

you used the term "open a can of worms" a lot. Not that it's bad, it's just an observation.

And I think it's mold.

Debbi said...

there, Marce, fiz-dit just for you! ;)

Anonymous said...

I didn't squirm, in case you wondered. :p

Life is Majik said...

3 weeks. That's nothing! Lets see how you are in 3 months lol!!!

Seriously, I love how open you are. I really admire that about you!

Ribbon Wand Maker said...

My old VT companion said the hardest thing about her "D" is the not getting it.

And as far as the instructor goes, poo poo on her. Blaze your own trail, sort of thing. ;)