Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday Ws

Who: Sin, V, and I
What: went walking
Where: regular 'route' around the paths and such in Cranston
When: last night
Why: Other than the obvious answer of trying to lose weight- after my FIRST NIGHT rollerblading this season, I really enjoyed last night's walk. We had some tight conversation and there were laughs and, believe it or not, I think V got close to tears a few times. The exercise is always a bonus, but I think that I need those walks more for the friendship and the love from those girls than I need to walk for 2 hours. I love them, I love how they don't judge or look down on me, I love how they confide in me too. There's something to be said about girlfriends who you can be 100% yourself in front of and not worry that they're gonna turn around behind your back and think about you any differently. That I can be assured that my personal 'issues' and stories are no worse (or better) than anything they've done or thought.

Who: LL and Chris
What: went on LL's Birthday Date
Where: to the movie "Kung Fu Panda"
When: last night, after soccer
Why: every year on my kids' birthdays, they not only get their pictures done and their new 'outfit', but they get to go on a date with one of their parents. LL always picks Chris, which I think is AWESOME. I loved going on dates with my Dad, although sharing my dad with 5 other sisters didn't allow for many one-on-one times like that. Which made them that much more special. She picked me one year, but usually it's Daddy. I love watching how excited she gets on her way out the door, and since I was out with Sin and V yesterday walking when they got home, I didn't get to hear about it until this morning at breakfast. She loved it, and raved about her night for a while. It melts my heart.
Everything aside between Chris' desire for me, his desire for his children and time spent with them is fantastic. He loves them and I'm grateful for that. He is a great Dad-- an even better Dad now that he doesn't take his time with the kids for granted like most of us do. And the kids adore him- as they should. It makes me love the Father in him more and more. I will ALWAYS love that in him, as LL pointed out last night-- She asked if Chris and I were still 'partners'. We've always told the kids we were partners so that they'd realize that asking Dad for something didn't mean it was okay to ask Mom if he said no. They've realized that fact early on, because they knew we were a team. He's still my 'teammate', and I can't say anything bad about his playing style.

Who: Ms. Moneybags herself... (me, in case you were wondering.... and in case you're wondering--read that with OOZING sarcasm!)
What: took her van in to be fixed and maintained
Where: the mechanics'
When: last night, after soccer, before LLs date
Why: well, we've been meaning to get the van fixed for a while. We knew we wanted to get it done and ready before the divorce goes through, so that the financial burden was equal, seeing as it was an issue before the divorce-talks. We were advised to take care of those types of things, so that's what we're doing. In addition to that, Chris is taking my van to his camping trip with the kids, as it's a better option than his tiny Golf and it makes more sense to do it that way. So he needs it to be safe as he drives through the mountains. So, we dropped it off last night. Got a phone call this morning from the mechanic. There's a bunch of crappy things wrong with the car, but it wasn't going to cost tooooo much.
Until he did a certain check and found a leak in the power steering.
Yah, said leak is in the "guts" of the car, and needs to be replaced. Instead of the first quote, I'm now stuck with a HEFTY $3300.00 quote (taxes not included!) . AHHHH. At this rate I'm gonna be homeless and eating pizza crusts out of the dumpsters!~ Thanfully we aren't going to be 'broke' because of how we rearranged our finances recently. But still, that's a WACKLOAD of cash I could use elsewhere! ;(

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Girl...I so know what surprise mechanic quote feels like. All too well. Cars are a big black money pit, in my life. ;)

holymotherofgod said...

DUDE, that is a nasty quote. Good gawd! I hope you can find a second quote at a cheaper price or something =(

Tricia said...

love your W Wedensdays..great idea!

so sorry to hear about you van! ugh... so with the kids and the van off with the Dad does that mean you get to bomb around in a little VW? Have fun!