Thursday, June 12, 2008

Yay For Yesterday

I'm so happy:
yesterday we got notice that Bear got accepted into FFCA, a public chartered school. He's in the everyday morning class, which isn't our first choice, but is TOTALLY fine by me-- he's in, that's all I care about! Having him accepted gets Mimi and LL on 'sibling status', making them more likely to get in as well! :) I'lll be phoning today to see where LL stands now. When we told her that Bear wouldn't go to the same school as she, she started to cry. "But, I won't get to play with him at recess. I won't get to ride the bus with him!" It was sooo touching that she had been looking forward to spending that time with her brother. I'm hoping she can get in too.

I also got a run in-- first one in too long! This rain stopped for the evening, so I got out (thanks again, Uncle) for 2 hours! Of course, some of that is walking with Cyn (SIN...lol). Which is also one of my favourite parts of the day-- the laughing that ensues from our pushups on the busstop benches, or the sudden 'turret's syndrome' conversations are too much for my belly-- it's no wonder I'm down to my GOAL WEIGHT!!

YES!! You read that correctly!! I got down to the 142 that I was aiming for during the show!! Less than a year, by like, 2 weeks! YAY!!!!!! After GETTING to this weight, I see much more room for improvement, though, so it's not the end. New goal, 10 more pounds. Let's see how that goes!!! This running is doing wonders!! Becka, I owe YOU for that!!! Thanks.

Yes, I'm in a good mood now. :)

6 comments:

The Bullknitter said...

Way to go! I run and run and run and never lose a pound.

Debbi said...

That's because you got nowhere to lose the weight FROM, skinny minny!

Unknown said...

WOOHOOOOOO!!! Congrats, Debbi!! You inspire me to run more.

Nikki said...

That is AWESOME!!! Huge congrats on reaching this milestone...

Itworksforbobbi said...

HIP HIP HOORAY! You're awesome. You did it! YOU did it. Yes. I bet you feel amazing. Such a great example to us lazy folks :)

Debbie Jo said...

That is so awesome Debbi....so proud!!!