Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wednesday Ws

WHO: Three two-year olds I have in the dayhome.
WHAT: Got into trouble
WHERE: In my basement
WHEN: Yesterday, while I was making lunch
WHY: First off, let's reiterate-- they're TWO years old!! Three two-year olds tend to do stuff like that. As I'm making lunch, the one kid who ALWAYS cries, and who's always within arms' reach, WASN'T! I knew that meant one of a few things: he's dead. (possible, considering the other 2-year olds that were with him). He's sleeping (less possible, but has been known to happen once or twice). He's into something. (BING BING BING!!!)

Let's go with the last one-- The three monkeys had been in the basement with my food storage. HOT CHOCOLATE everywhere!! HOT CHOCOLATE alllllll over the three of them, and all the toys and the carpet and EVERYWHERE. grrrr.

SOOO, lunch gets put on hold as three turds get bathed. lol.

They looked like little brown bears, COVERED from head to toe. Ew ew ew. Into the bath. Can you SEE how dirty the water is?! LOL


WHO: A bunch of sad, disturbed, angry people and I
WHAT: took the Parenting After Separation course
WHERE: downtown at the courthouse
WHEN: last night
WHY: Well, LEGALLY, most of them HAD to be there. More women than men. Some with young kids, some with teenagers. Some first time divorcees, some multiple times. The blonde bombshell with her fake boobs to the ratted-haired welfare mom with holes in her runners and her teeth. EVERY walk of life, every age. But the thing that struck me- I have it easy! I have a spouse that doesn't fight with me every conversation we have. He's never hit me. He's still on the same pages of me as far as raising our children. In hearing about some of the other stories of divorce/separation, I realized more and more that I am blessed to NOT have those instances in my life. Not only because, hey, who the freek wants to deal with an ex from you-know-where, but because it gives me hope that maybe, JUST MAYBE, my kids won't get all screwed up from this. They're loved by two parents who are STILL parenting together. They have boundaries and they are encouraged to ask questions and encouraged to love each other. I don't know how other divorces work, or what the parents of those children do to either 'help' them become great people or scar them for life, but based on the class last night, I think I couldn't be doing things much differently if I tried.

*I'm not perfect, no. And in spite of my rants or comments here where I may not say positive things.... Chris and I, in a totally weird way, have a near perfect separation.*
His friend (who was at our wedding) was also there. Holy weird hey? He's got the ex from you-know-where, and as I drove him to the train station, catching up, I felt soooo grateful we're not in the courts, we don't have restraining orders or haven't been arrested, we've never had to involve the police, we're not fighting over ANYTHING. I was super blessed. So I came home, connected a bit with Chris on the evening, and then he asked for a hug. First hug in 2 1/2 weeks... and it didn't feel the same.

WHO: LL
WHAT: had her intake interview
WHERE: at the school Bear's going to (FFCA)
WHEN: yesterday after school
WHY: they wanted to test her, to see where she is and to evaluate if they want to take her as a student next year.

It took a bit longer than the time-frame they gave me, so when the teacher came out, I was a bit worried. Turns out LL was just social (shocker there!!!) and they were having a great time. LL hit every milestone on the head, the teacher sang great praises about her, gave me a few things to work with her on, and then said, "welcome to our school next year, LL!" I am SOOOO happy. Only ONE school for my kids-- and to top it off-- it's the school I really wanted them to attend. LL is super excited, and although she'll miss her friends from her current school, they all live close so she'll be able to play at the park and such. On top of that, she's got current friends from church and the neighbours that already go to FFCA, so she's excited about that too.
YAY!!!!

4 comments:

Marci said...

YAY! That's fantastic news!!! That will be so great to have LL there. YAY!

Debbie Jo said...

Hot Chocolate story = hilarious!!!! Must have been lovely to clean up

Debbie Jo said...

That photo of feet in the water, really creeps me out. It looks like some sort of animal under the water. Not accumulated hot chocolate on the bottom...that's what it is right?

Debbi said...

actually, it's a facecloth, Djo. I thought it was hot chocolate too, but alas, the water wasn't THAT dirty. lol