Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Stop to Smell The Roses

Standing in my kitchen, I notice the backdoor screen is open. Mimi is outside, streaking the neighbourhood in the backyard. (and, for those who don't know, this is my backyard--- walking paths and people abound!) I grab a dress and head to the deck. Upon arriving on said deck, I see she's OUTSIDE of the fence, grabbing a football that Bear apparently threw over there. She's trying desperately (with failed attempt) to throw it back over the fence.

Me: Meems, please come get dressed.
Mimi: I'n getting the ball.
Me: Yah, I see that. But you're nekkid.
(still trying relentlessly to throw the ball over the fence)
Me: Hey, how about you just pick it up and bring it through the fence.
(tries about 4 more times. I'm still standing with the dress in my hand, as a random neighbour walks past with her/his dog. -- sorry, the person walking was kinda a "Pat".)
Me: MIMI! Just give the ball to Bear!
Seeing this as a better, less frustrating option, she walks to the gate and hands Bear his ball.
Me: Okay, now come get a dress on, please.
Mimi: Why? We going a car-ride?
Me: (giggle) No, you just can't be outside naked!
Mimi, very manner-of-factly: Oh.

Treks to the bottom of the deck stairs. Stops, butt to the world, and smells the flowers growing beside the stairs.

Mimi: Pretty!

Ahhh, to be able to trek around outside buck naked AND smell the flowers!? That, my friends, is life.

5 comments:

So@24 said...

AHHHH look at that lil princess!!

She is going to be a heartbreaker when she's older. Look at those dimples.

Unknown said...

I was waiting for the picture that you DIDN'T take. :P

Debbi said...

Marci, you KNOW I don't put naked photos up of my kids on ANY forum. (minus the bath one with the hot chocolate incident, but you couldn't really see anything.)

I'm so ANTI naked kid photos!

Carla McDaniel said...

I agree, to walk around naked and smell the roses at the same time is life!!! I love it

mcdltdsy said...

I love having kids. I love the simplicity they bring to situations