Sunday, September 21, 2008

The 21st of September

Do you remember the 21st day of September!?

1992:
I broke my right arm. I did it falling down the steep Terry Fox Run hill, at ten thirty or so. It was very slippery, so as I ran down, I tried to stop myself so my feet slipped and I fell flat on my backside then slid on my back. I landed cross-legged at the bottom of the hill, clenching to my very, very sore arm. At first I was just whimpering, but as soon as I looked at my arm, I said to everyone "I broke my arm". I did it so well that it looked like a "W" in my arm!

1995:
It's already 11:20 pm and I am still tired from yesterday, so I'm going to sign off. Besides, CC is in my room, and I'm just wearing a bra and jeans, so I feel kinda stupid.

1997:
(BAMM) and I decided to take off, so we went for a walk in Fleetwood Park's trails. We sat on a bench, and started making out! People kept walking by, so we decided to leave. We got in his van, parked in a dead end, and made out! :S I don't care any more.
Yeah, well, that's that. I'm really tired this week from all the campaining (for Student Body President) I've had to do. I have no time for anything but making posters or something, so it's quite refreshing to have time to socialize this weekend. The best thing this week (for my campaign) was getting, like, 200 Burger King crowns and stringing them up from the roof in the plaza. It looked sooooo awesome, and I totally got a lot of votes that way!
1999:
Night time... again. I don't know if I'm going to be able to go through 181 more of these if they all feel like this. I can't stand it.
1:43 AM just isn't a good time to be awake and alone, listening to Celine Dion-- now THAT'S true torture... her songs are all about love. "It's all Coming Back To Me Now" ?!!!! Will that be my theme song for March?
March. I think I'm gonna learn to hate that month. Until, of course, it comes. Then I'll love it! :)
If only I could let (him) know I feel even stronger for (him). Stupid as I am, I wonder what (he's) thinking RIGHT now. If (he's) rollerblading in (his) PJs with "Debbi Dick", after some movie (he) went to go see. I knew (his) schedule so well. (He is) supposed to page me anytime... "Hey, I'm at "Debbi Dick's". Call me back. *phone number*"


2000:
Years from now, whoever reads this won't understand what I'm talking about, but there's an ALL-TIME movie, good for every age, called "The Princess Bride". In it, the leading male cries out in pain, and it is heard throughout the land. His comrades recognize it as a cry of someone's heart breaking. I did that.
He said, "goodbye Debbi" and then hung up. I wanted to vomit. Without any knowledge of what was happening, I let out a cry, almost a scream, that I thought woke the entire sleeping world up. It resounded in my own ears louder than a million bolts of lightening and thunder. Someone had just cut me open with something as dull and pencil shavings and gutted EVERYTHING beyond my heart.
He'll never understand this. He'll never know how much I put him into the parts of my life I needed. Each guy I've dated has been put to my 'list' of what I want in a husband. And I've had that list since I was two or three. Although I know some of the qualities I look for, I couldn't write the list if I tried. But I recognize the feelings I want and look for, and I know what I want. BAMM met a lot of those 'pre-requisites', but I NEVER felt done. Until my checklist was put beside Chris.

2005:
In MY opinion, it started on a day in November when I asked him if he'd like to start trying for our next baby. His reply came as another broken promise, and something broke inside me. I hate remembering this time in our lives, and the feelings of betrayal and desperation and loneliness come back too easily for me. Another broken promise-- like the one where he said he'd come to church with me every other Sunday. But this one-- this one in particular hurt me too deeply, and I couldn't even cry. I couldn't do anything.

2006:
Uncle's now living with us, and now that he lives here, he's going to get a much closer look into what I'm talking about on here. Most of it's true! :)

I'm a little sore from the (car) accident that happened last week, mainly in my back and neck. And my hip in cracking like crazy. I'm still working things out with the insurance, and I have Drs appointments and stuff like that, but hopefully soon it will all get worked out.

2 comments:

mcdltdsy said...

This was an interesting post. I love that you have been such an awesome journal keeper. Traci too! I wish I had something that I was sooo commited too.

So@24 said...

Best Earth Wind and Fire song HANDS DOWN