Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday Ws



Who:
MC
What: introduced me to a new song
Where: over the phone, technically. And then via youtube! lol
When: yesterday morning
Why: because it's a good song for me right now! Yes, I am in love with yet another song:
So What? no, that's the song! Click on the link to listen. WOOT.

How do you not love that?

Who: Me
What: In searching for other songs, I started thinking about break-up songs. Go figure, right.. me? Thinking break-up songs!?? ;P oh but why!!!? Anyways.
Where: infront of the computer screen
When: after listening to "So What?"
Why: Well, thinking about break-up songs led me to thinking about past boyfriends and the songs that I link to them. More correctly, the song that I link to the breakup. Whether it was because of the message of the song, or because it's a song that reminds me of that person, or just the time in my life.

non-ex Ex: Near You Always -Jewel
BAMM: That's What She Said -Backstreet Boys
DJ: (soooo many songs other than these to list!) Let Me Let Go - Faith Hill, You Were Mine -Dixie Chicks
bagelboy: Aint No Sunshine - Bill Withers
Nacho: Six, Eight, Twelve - Brian McKnight
Chris (the time we broke up while dating): I Understand -McMaster and James, Some Things Never Change- Tim McGraw, Best of Intentions - Travis Tritt


I love how easily a song can bring us back into a time in our lives. I love being taken back to the smells, to the feelings in just the opening notes of a song we relate to times in our lives. But, stronger still, the people who were/are in our lives and the memory of them we embrace through music. I know we all have those songs-- those songs that make you remember someone in the INSTANT the first tone rings in our ears.


Who:
YOU
What: are questioned
Where: right here, right now
When: ooops,.... lol... right now, as already mentioned above!
Why: Well... after thinking about MY breakup songs, I started thinking more: what are YOUR break-up songs?

Here's a few good'ers to get you inspired, (mostly ANGRY break-up songs.. but slow ones aren't my thing too much lately).
Stronger
Hit The Road Jack
I Used To
You and I Both
I'm Free

So here it is: The Challenge! Leave a comment-- give me a list of YOUR break-up songs. You'll travel down memory lane-- and hopefully come out alive! :) And, at least, if you ever have a break up in the future (GOSH I *SINCERELY* HOPE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!), you'll have a good list of woe-is-me or I-don't-need-you songs to download! ;P Yah.. that's looking on the bright side. Well, you can't say I'm not a positive person! lol

The Wednesday Ws combined with Tuesday Tunes, I guess! Whatever.. lol

6 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHahahah, I never really had breakup songs. I only had the songs that I remember with guys. But the only song that I used to play when I left a guy was "She * Hates Me" by Puddle of Mudd. Haha, bad song, yeah, but I'd just change the lyrics and scream it at the top of my lungs. haha.

Debbi said...

only kinda funny, Marci, because I have a few non-sharable songs on my lists too-- but they're GREAT to listen to when you're REALLY angry! lol

Rach and Tay Campbell said...

okay Deb, you know me...im the queen of breakup songs...dramarama queen right here, but one you are going to LOVE is called
where i stood by missy higgins
youtube it and listen. its fabulous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_9H-NmqxY

some others are
no reins - rascall flatts - its my most recent power song!
there's more to me than you - jessica Andrews

another one by pink called heartbreaker

OH! and the last one, you have to go to my blog and listen to it (actually, oll of the above songs are on my blog...)but listen to "always be my baby" sung by david cook, last years American Idol!

xxxxx

Rach

p.s - were ordering "save second base" t-shirts from rocket on 17th...you in?

Debbi said...

Rach;
okay, "CUz she will love you more than I could, she who dares to stand where I stood"... LOVE THAT LINE! You are my tune-hook up girl! ;)

Pink- heartbreaker-- silly goose, you already introduced me to that one.

LOVE the More To Me Than You song. New on my playlist.

I'll check out the one on your blog, too.

Anonymous said...

Insensitive by Jann Arden. For when you just want to cry.

Breakaway, Kelly Clarkson..

So yesterday, Hilary Duff. (Yes, a little immature but love that song)

I wish you well, Tom Cochrane.

Cheryl and Bob said...

Love you song choices--I just downloaded So What last night 'cause I love it and it's great to run to.

I really don't have any break-up songs (I know that's lame) but I was VERY VERY fugly in high school so I didn't date much...ok, I didn't date at all. Sad and pathetic, I know. But, I'm hot now so who cares!! Ha ha ha!!