Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday Ws

Who: Master of the House
What: Has a to-do list three miles long
Where: around the house, mainly
When: If I plan properly, they'll be done by the end of the day today
Why: I have a million reasons. One, they need to be done. Two, I have company arriving tomorrow night and they can't sleep on a bed in the basement that has toys and crackers all over it. I tossed and turned last night at 3:30- 4:30 just thinking about all the things I needed to get done.

You know when you start to feel 'behind the 8 ball' (yes, another lame phrase I find a little odd-- wouldn't be being behind the eight ball be a GOOD thing?? You're protected! ) Anyways. I'm starting to feel that way.. that everything is getting a bit behind, and I'm not keeping up. So, I'm off the computer for a bit to get the NEXT job done. In good news, it's 8:30 AM and I've already accomplished one major task off my list! Yay. not a bad start. Of course, it was the one I ENJOY doing! lol Oh, darn-- didn't put "make list" on my list. I'm SO gonna go do that, just to cross off another thing! Gotta love that. :P

Who: Me. Do we ever really talk about others?
What: into a new obsession
Where: sitting at the computer
When: well, technically, the where is also the when.
Why: Okay. First obsession-- window shopping online Victoria's Secret. Uh... er.. Screen shopping?! Well, whatever-- browsing without buying. I am so in love with so much of their stuff. I want this dress a LOT:
with this boot ( which, lucky for impulse-buying me, they are out of stock of)
and the purse seen in the front here. Love.

And second obsession-- finding new blogs. I'm not one to normally blog-jump (ie: find a friends' friend on their blog list, and check out the friend. Then jump from that friends' friend-list to a new person.) I'm finding a few people I find entertaining. And now stalking their blogs. haha. Meh-- if they're like me- they're kinda flattered. Cuz I'm self-absorbed like that, and I just like to tell myself that others are, too, to make myself feel better.

Who: the neighbourhood
What: DIDN'T get evacuated
Where: from our houses
When: yesterday afternoon, although Atco was working on fixing the issue for a while
Why: obviously because the Atco guys are smarter than the construction guys and they fixed it. :) Didn't matter. I still had pizza for supper.

Who: Me
What: Hasn't run
Where: ANYWHERE, not on the treadmill, not outside..
When: um... is it bad if I admit that it's been over a month!?!! eeeeeks!
Why: One month since surgery. So two-three of those weeks I wasn't SUPPOSED to be running. Now I feel gross and fat and I've put on about 4 pounds of nastyness. ew. SOOO unimpressed with myself, and SOOOO missing my walking with my girlfriends at night. And don't you dare mention the pizza I had for supper. That isn't part of this story! :)

Okay, off to do more list stuff. Blah.

3 comments:

The Bullknitter said...

Please don't ask me to knit you that dress. I love ya and all, but don't ask me.

Debbi said...

OKAY, I totally forgot that you know how to knit (honestly, when I look at you, it's not the first thing that pops into my head... in spite of your alter-ego online! :) )

Hmmmm, that dress is so pretty though!

holymotherofgod said...

LOL with the blog jumping. I'm surprised people don't do this MORE, I've always done that! Or I hit the "Next Blog" button on blogger sites just to see what comes up. But if I read a blog that I like I kind of figure their "friends" or links would likely be something I would also enjoy... I fully encourage other people to play Leap Blog.