Thursday, April 24, 2008

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Well, actually, in this case, I didn't lose some. I probably GAINED some! lol Lately, I've been eating like CRAP and I'm sure I've gained a few hundred pounds. Seriously, I haven't exercised AT ALL and I've craved junk for over a week. And by craving it, I mean bought it. And by bought it, I mean ate it. And by ate it, I mean CONSUMED it. Lately, my vices are THESE and THESEand THIS This was today's breakfast-- only with whipped cream on top!!! AHHHH
and THESE!
I, of course, bought them in bulk and keep them in my car!!

And absolutely no excersize to offset my indulgence! I'm not even PMSing! :( Becca, save me from myself!!!
Okay, so let's go with a NEW cliche, since 'you win some, you lose some' doesn't truly apply to my day yesterday. I'm going to go with "When it rains, it Pours!". And no, I'm not talking about the lame weather lately! :(

Tuesday night I mentioned to Chris how frustrated I was about not having more dayhome kids. I've advertised, I've been interviewed by many, I've had TONNES of people tell me they're interested but not until the summer, etc. Frustrating, since I've done everything *I* can do. Anywho, yesterday, I got a phone call. New kid coming next week, full time! SCORE! Then the phone rang again-- two new kids, for two weeks full-time, starting next week. WOW, double score! And then another phone call, part-time. Another phone call, part-time immediately. By the end of the day, my dayhome which was previously empty (apart from the one kid I have now) was full to near overflow capacity!! In the course of ONE day! It was nuts! And I still have an interview tonight with someone interested. This is it, though-- I'm telling others that I'm full for now and I'm going to pull down my ads on the mailboxes. Crazy, hey?

I'm super relieved, though. Money lately has been tough. This should bring in an extra couple thousand a month. Chris' previous job didn't cover our needs, and for 5 months we were living off our savings and credit. So now that he has his new job, we're trying to get our feet back under us and start saving again once we've done that. So, if you're feeling the need to donate, I take credit cards. lol. just kidding, cheques are preferred.

But, in sight of it all, paying tithing is my saving grace, I think.
Again, tithing was instilled in me at a young age, of which I am indeed grateful for! Now, paying tithing for me isn't hard to do at all... I don't usually even NOTICE that 10%. I woulda spent it on chocolate anyways! ;) Tithing isn't easy for everyone, and in my household, tithing may be different than in other LDS or part-LDS households. But it works for us, and I pay what I can. Lucky for me, my patriarchal blessing talks about tithing, so everytime I pay it, I know I'm one step closer to blessings that are promised me by doing so.
Paying tithing was a talk I gave years ago. I still remember it. I've never been wanting, and I'm sure that paying tithing was to 'blame' for that! How blessed I've been to have a husband who supports me in that, and parents who helped me to learn how to do it.

Elder Helland and us-- he was the first Elder we, as a family, bonded to.


The day I took out my Endowments. Bro-in-law, sister, me, Mom and Dad @ the Cardston, AB temple.

2 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

I can totally empathize with you on the craving junk lately...well, truth be told I ALWAYS crave it, sometimes I'm just better than other times with my self discipline.

Anyhow...just wanted to say thanks for sharing your thoughts on tithing...I feel the same and always have, only due to being a stay at home mom it's been hard for me to feel that I was fulfilling that. (due to the fact that I was not making any money) and Chris has always paid our 'family' tithing. Now that I am working for myself with my business' I feel like I am actually able to fulfill one of the things I have been asked to do and it's strengthened my testimony a ton.

I just love reading your blogs...they are very inspiring!

Debbie Jo said...

I, too, love reading your blogs now Debs. I miss them on LJ though. But I know where to find ya! I'm so there May 7th!