Friday, April 25, 2008

The Spoils of Success

For those who truly care about my diet (cough-- lack of- cough), today I did NOT have hot chocolate for breakfast--- I had THIS instead.

I enjoyed 2 eggs on 2 slices of toast, Orange juice (my fave), and the bacon was NASTY so I threw it out.

N-E-Who, I had a surprising day yesterday. I woke in a good mood, but then I got into an email-conversation that REALLY upset me. And in that moment, my day went from great to CRAPOLA!! I was pissy pissy all day- ask my girlfriends who made the mistake of phoning me.





And so, in my bad mood, I was grateful for technology-- I had the ability to hide myself in the internet. I was able to upload Happy Bunny things to make me smile (and yes, forcing you to enjoy them with me). I had the privilege of talking to multiple friends on the phone (and unloading my personal, angry baggage on them). And I had a vehicle so I could drive to the store to shop out my issues.. (okay, so I went to Stupidstore and bought a few groceries-- I don't have money to burn like that-- BUT IF I DID, I SOOOO WOULDA SHOPPED OUT MY FRUSTRATIONS AND BOUGHT THESE PANTS!!).

LULULEMON pants are comfy and do great things for bums, but I can't justify the price! 100$ for pants I plan to shrink out of in a few months?!


I had electricity to turn on the radio and dance to music that makes me laugh (and sing at the top of my lungs to songs that make me cry). I had television for really lame shows that I can watch (and think that someone else's drama is better than mine). and a microwave for my popcorn.



People's ability to have a 'wild' dream and pursue it hard enough to achieve it are amazing. Think of these guys, who were told that humans flying was impossible.



Or this guy, who tried sooo many times to create something to save lives!

These books are freeking AWESOME. I loved them, I think I'll buy them for my kids off Ebay!!



I'm grateful for the guys above's unlimited visions, for their perseverance and the spoils of their ambitions. It reminds me that I can also have INCREDIBLE things in store for me-- that my understanding of my abilities are so miniscule in comparison to what I'm capable of. That, those 'dreams' I have are just as achievable as the lightbulb, the telephone... a cure for cancer? world peace? A self-cleaning house?



And, since I'm on a roll from yesterday's posters... here's a funny demotivational poster. You gotta love these spoofs on those 'classic' dentist office posters. NO JOKE, my dentist has a seriuos one ("TEAMWORK" ) in his waiting room!!

0 comments: