Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dust Elephants

So, yesterday was a good day-

I had a job interview for a placement for a child in my dayhome. He's 2 1/2, and in a few months, his uncle may be joining us when the uncle's mother goes to work, who is the 2 1/2 year old's step grandma. It's a twisted story but aren't ALL our families a little twisted? lol

And then, a lady called out of the blue and also asked to come interview me. She has a 4 year old in a different daycare, but goes back to work in June so her nearly 1 yr old baby will come here.

I'm so grateful for these interviews. They stress me out, but it's challenging me in a good way. That, and my house stays REALLY clean! hahaha. I'm super uncomfortable discussing payment and costs, though. Chris asked a good question when he queried as to why I get so upsetted by those conversations, and I couldn't answer. So, that's my thing to figure out about myself. Where does that uncomfort and disdain come from? Thoughts?

The 2 1/2 year old is here for his first time today, and he's an absolute doll. I am SUPER relieved, seeing as he's the first 'random' I've dayhomed-- everyone else's kids have been friends of mine first. And I cleaned even MORE of my house for the dayhome interview I was expecting today--- she never showed, but at least my house got cleaner! I pulled out the fridge, and !!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!, there are things that nearly crawled AWAY and melted at the light under there! ew. Teaches me to do that FAR more often than I do. So I bravely challenged under the stove too. Lucky for me, it wasn't as bad. :S With that discovery, I'm going to tackle a larger job every day, if I can! lol


  • Clean the fridge, INSIDE
  • Clean the stove, INSIDE
  • Wash walls in EVERY room
  • putty holes in walls
  • Get the garden cleared and ready
  • wash windows inside AND outside

I'm sure I'll think of more to add to my list. But that's a starting point at least!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think talking about money is a natural thing for us to feel uneasy about because we don't want to inconvenience someone else just because of the price. Money is so important to so many people these days and if we don't feel secure with our own finances we feel uncomfy by asking for money from others. Well, maybe just me. Either way sometimes it's easier just to give service. But that can't happen all the time. :)