Monday, April 28, 2008

A Day of Rest

So, it's Monday morning, and I'm surprisingly NOT as sleepy as I thought I'd be-- I was up early early today for the first of 2 new dayhome kids. Two hours into it, and we're doing awesome! HAHAHA (don't ask at noon-- cranky and hungry and stinky kids everywhere! loL)

Yesterday was so good. I had a really crappy sleep Saturday to Sunday, though, so I was pretty tired. And I had 'issues' that I was dealing with too, so I was emotional and sad all day. HOWEVER, it was a good day, all in all. Remember how I wanted these books?

After searching online, I found out they're out of print (and have been since, like 1984) and a NEW series is being made for $16.95 PER BOOK, once a month. You have to subscribe, pay per month, blah blah blah. And they're not from the original authors or illustrators and they're not about IMPORTANT people in history like the original ones are. I didn't want that. Instead, I went on ebay, and didn't want to pay that much!, so I listed a want-ad on Kijiji (great site, like a local garage sale). I picked up 20 books from a lady who contacted me that day, so that made me so excited-- 'specially since she only wanted 10 bucks for ALL of them!!! I felt kinda guilty taking them off her for that price-- seems like robbing the poor lady-- had she gone to Ebay, she woulda known she could have asked a LOT more for these books! I went back online last night and realized there's probably another 24 books *(that I know of) that I don't have and now want! I can get them off EBAY, but I'm not prepared to pay the exorbitant amount of $50.00 per book!! yikes.

Okay, totally tangent, what a cool bishopric we have-- yesterday they (with the ward clerk and executive secretary) sang in sacrament meeting. AND SOUNDED DECENT, IF NOT GOOD! I was impressed with that. Nothing like 5 men singing to get smiles on people's faces.

Then we had a nice ham supper, and then had birthday cake for Uncle, and that was about it.

I heard something yesterday that I already knew, but it touched me again. Sunday school we were talking about King Benjamin's address to his people in Mosiah. We were on chapter 3, if I recall correctly. The teacher works for CES/LDS family services, so the discussion was great and enlightening, at least to me. I really like sunday school-- I like marking my scriptures up. (I got new ones for Christmas and need to 'break' them in)



King Benjamin's Address to His People


We spoke of beggars. Of 'imparting our substance to the poor'. Not only physical substances, but emotional and spiritual too. Of giving what we have. And to do so in WISDOM. I have not, therefore I give not, but if I had, I would give.
At one point, we talked about the Atonement. And how we all need to use it, and how we all need to apply it daily in our lives for things we've done wrong. But one point was made that I want to share-

sometimes, the atonement isn't for our sins. Sometimes it's for the sins of others who've made us into the 'victims'. And, in those times, He knows our pain in the way of physical AND emotional hurt. In knowing this, it's comforting that, no matter what, someone has felt what I'm feeling and understands my pain.

0 comments: