Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I Drugged My Child

Pooh-bear was ONCE AGAIN taken to the emergency clinic last night. Sadly, the lady in admitting knew and recognized me from the million recent times I've been or taken a child in. :( That is NOT a good sign of good parenting! lol. He has a severe ear infection, but a little drugs and he'll be all better.



SOOO funny (okay, so this IS a sign of my bad parenting, because I find this hilarious!) they gave him some codeine to ease the pain and help him sleep. We didn't leave the clinic until nearly midnight. ANyways, I put him to bed, and that was it. About an hour later, he comes SCREAMING into my room, frantically searching around. I try to calm him (from my supine position in my warm bed) and he's saying weird things and running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, his blanket trailing behind him. I laid a pillow beside my bed, and try to coax him into laying down. He races over to the dresser drawers (still crying rediculously), and tries with all his might to open them, freeking out. My son was soo loopy, I couldn't help but laugh. I got him to come over to my bedside, where I told him to lay down beside me. I look at him, and while I was talking to him-- he's sleeping WHILE he's standing there. lol. Oh....hahah, poor, drugged child. It was so pathetically cute.



Yesterday I really came to appreciate family time. I anticipate a lot of my entries to be focused around the family, because I've been very aware of my blessings in this area recently.



Chris had to work extra long hours yesterday. It's his new job, and he's stressing a bit about the heavy and IMPORTANT workload he has been given, seeing as he still feels like he's learning the job. I will have to get used to these hours more and more. Family meals are soo important to me-- I don't like eating by myself, and I don't want anyone in my family to feel that way either. So we waited until 7pm to eat dinner (which NEVER happens-- we usually eat by 5:30) just so we could sit down and enjoy a good meal together. It was sooo worth the wait, while Little Lyssie told us all about her field trip with excitement I haven't seen in a while. Love it.



(Although it's not from last night, a picture of our family dinners- dont' let Chris' face fool you, he is always happy when we wait for him-- I think it's because I made him wear the hat for the picture. haha)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

ROFLMBO!!

That story about Jer is soooo cutely pathetic! haha, poor kid.

And Kevin seems to hold all of Chris's and Kevin's excitement all together in one!

Love ya!
-Marci