Friday, April 18, 2008

Best and Worst of the day

I read something in a book I was working on.. I liked the advice, so I'm going to share it:


Instead of asking 'how was your day' to Chris, the book suggests asking 'what was the best part of your day?' and 'What was the worst part of your day?'. By doing that, it's not a 'how was your day?' "Fine" type of conversation. Not that it ever usually IS, but in doing this, I get to hear about details that I may otherwise not get. I tried it yesterday, and I liked it. So I'm jumping on that bandwagon for a while now.



So, the BEST part of my day was the interview I did. It was fun-- she asked questions about the TV show, what I thought of the trainers, how much I lost, etc... I haven't ever been interviewed by a reporter, so that was kinda cool to check off on my 'random things to do in life' list. (No, I don't have one of those lists, but I KNOW that'd be on it! lol) I also finished the book I wanted to finish by yesterday, so that was a good thing to check off too. The next book I'm going to read is this one:







Gary Chapman also wrote one for the relationship of a parent to child and the languages there, so if I like this one, I may check out the other one, too.

The worst part of my day was all the kids fighting after school. NON STOP! I had to quench SO many fires between the kids I dayhome and my own, and it wasn't fun. SO many feelings were getting hurt. My heart hurt for the kids from the dayhome who were here-- they have family issues at home that are contributing to their outbursts. I wish I could help them more, but there's really not much that I can do.

1 comments:

Itworksforbobbi said...

Hooray on the interview! I don't think I'll get your show on our basic, basic, caveman cable. Boo! I wish I could see ya!

I can SO relate to your "worst part" because mine was similar. I completely lost it on my kids by the time 7:30pm rolled around. I ended up apologizing, but I could tell feelings were hurt. So much bickering, tattling, crying...my brain was ready to explode! Hang in there- at least you didn't explode on your kids :)