Saturday, April 19, 2008

Finding a Need

So, it sucks.

I totally did something to my neck last night, and today it's stiff like a board. I hate being 'sore'. With the TV show, I was ALWAYS sore, and I hate it when my body isn't acting 'normal'. (like I'm ever normal)


Sadder to say, I don't have much to talk about. Yesterday, while the snow fell, I was lazy and unproductive. I helped out my brother with a ride he needed, and that was the whole of my day-- lunch, nap, pick up Little Lyssie from the bus... We DID take her, after dinner, to the Zoo for her sleepover. She was so excited, it was awesome. Sadly, Buddy was feeling left out of the 'fun things' Lyssie "ALWAYS GETS TO DO", so once we dropped her off, we took the two little monkeys to the video store. We bought The Bee Movie for the kids, and I Am Legend for us and icecream treats as a special treat.

The Bee Movie is cute. Not as good as Shrek (it's a Dreamworks movie, too) but good. I like the message about how everything and everyone in this world has a job and how that job is dependant on other people doing their jobs. How, by NOT living up to your potential, nothing in the world works quite the way it should.


On the OTHER hand, I Am Legend should NOT be rated a measley PG14. It freeked me out, AND it freeked out Chris and Uncle. Like, CRAZY they think it's acceptable for a 14 yr-old to watch. It WAS a good movie, but freeky. I specifically like the premise of that movie, too. It's amazing how one little thing that man does can so EASILY affect many people! In regards to the cinematography and such, I liked it and hated it. haha, because it left a lot of things unsaid that didn't NEED to be said. I hate movies that spell it out for you. That being said, it left a few things feeling a bit unfinished. And I HATE that too.

Picky picky.

Oh, you know what? I lied. Something DID happen of note: After buying the movies, watching them, and eating our icecream treats, I put Pooh-bear to bed. We sang a song, and he started his prayers. It was a prayer SOLELY on thanks. On top of being thankful for more spiritual things, he was soooooo thankful for the movie, for the icecream, for the 'fun time' he had. I was super touched to see how this simple attempt to make him happy succeeded so strongly. I may not be a great mom, but I'm glad that I can still be attentive enough to my children's need for their own 'special' time and meet those needs accordingly. His thankfullness for something so trivial touched my heart. I was happy that he was so happy.


In all, back to the movie citique..both good movies. Just don't watch I Am Legend with your kids around!!!

0 comments: