Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pleasant Surprises

(Yes, DJ, I thought of you when I wrote that title)

Stepping out of my comfort zone has almost always pleasantly surprised me.

Last night, I went to a nightclub to meet a girl I've never met, but am GREAT friends with. Weird, hey? Turns out, she found me on Facebook, and we started talking and sending messages. Months have gone by since, and we talk ALL the time. Last night, she and her girlfriends were in town (she's from Edmonton) so she invited me out with them.

I can't believe how dorky I felt. I'm meeting an internet friend! LOL. That, and I was TOTALLY nervous!!! Dragging Chris along with me, we went to the local country bar where they were, and met her. Pleasantly and somewhat surprisingly, I had a great time. And I realized my nerves beforehand were WAY over active-- it was casual and really fun and kinda like we were friends all along, you know?

Point is, I'm grateful for having oppourtunities to challenge my personal security boundaries in positive ways. Silly little things. But they make me happy to have them. So, at the risk of sounding childish and dorky, I share them with you.

0 comments: