Thursday, April 10, 2008

Having Charred Shark for dinner!

You know, I love hockey playoffs (yes, Becca, we SOOO don't see eye-to-eye on that one! ;) ) because of a few things.

First, while driving Little Lyssie (LL) to Sparks last night, there was a house with about 5 kids waving flags and wearing jerseys and jumping up and down. I, in my OWN jersey, honked the horn appropriately. I love the feeling of excitement from not only the kids, but everyone else. There were the first signs of car-flags--- we're going to pull ours back out and join the many fans who drive with flags on their cars. It's such a camaraderie I love! The feeling throughout the city is awesome. And with our win last night, it just gets better and better. yay.


my two favourite Flames boys, in order, Dion Phaneuf (#3) and Jarome Iginla (#12). Funny enough, those are SERIOUSLY my two favourite numbers too!


Secondly, I love the playoffs because I get more exercise when they're on, believe it or not. I made it a goal to run my 4kms in the first intermission. That pushes me to get it done under 20 minutes. The reason for exercising isn't ONLY because of playoffs-- yesterday the publicist for X-Weighted phoned me and asked me if I'd be willing to do some magazine and newspaper interviews for the show, because I'm the premiere. (:D) I think that's so cool. And yes, I'm going to ride out this 15 minutes of fame until my episode airs... the next one airs and I'm as famous as I was a year ago! I know, I'm super lame.

In regards to my 'blessings'. Yesterday I was super grateful for my imagination. Is that something I can consider a blessing?? Nonetheless, I'm happy for it. It amuses me, it soothes me, it entertains me, it scares me, it challenges me and it teaches me. I use it when I'm running, cleaning, bored, and even sleeping (during dreams--- last night's dream was disturbing, but still, it's my imagination and I wouldn't WANT a boring one! lol) I will be the first to admit having full-blown conversations with myself. I love making up scenarios that would probably NEVER happen, and having conversations with 'people' that I wouldn't EVER have in real life-- the x-boyfriend who wants me back that I have NO interest in (haha), the person who wronged me and I didn't confront them about it, ...Yep, becoming MORE lame as this post continues.... Point is, my imagination is fun. I am artistic enough to allow my imagination to shine in many facets of life (drama, art, music, etc). I think I'd be a very sad, angst-ridden person without my outlet through my imagination.

What do YOU imagine about?

3 comments:

The Bullknitter said...

I imagine things like my dream home, really good food that I don't have to cook, hikes I'd like to go on, oh, yes and sweaters I'd like to knit.

Itworksforbobbi said...

I imagine I'm a world famous photographer - photographing celebrities and treating them like they are as boring as anybody else. I imagine confronting people in my life that have offended me (purposely) and telling them exactly what I think. I imagine getting into good shape (hope that ones jumps out of my imagination and into some size 6 jeans), and I imagine having something interesting to say on MY blog. So much fun to read yours!

Anonymous said...

I imagine a lot of things, like when I was talking to a guy if he started making out with me instead...heehee, and I imagine things that I predict I'll do in the future. A big one is imagining when I see someone again that I haven't seen for awhile. I try to replay every possible scenario. (never happens the way I imagine) I also imagine me having a husband and kids, and imagine what I'll do as a career. I imagine me being rich from time to time, wondering what it would be like to dine at the ritzy restaurants and going to the theatre every few days. I also imagine when I have a car.