Monday, June 1, 2009

Not Me Monday- Waterton

Alright peeps, it's Monday again. Time for Not Me Monday. hosted by someone, but I can't remember who started it seeing as so many other bloggers do it and we're all clearly sheep! :) So yay to whomever started Not Me Monday.

This weekend was NOT beautiful-- I love summerish weather.

Friday we did NOT celebrate LL's 8th birthday here at the house. 8th birthdays are big in the LDS faith-- it's the age when the child can decide to get baptised or not. She won't be getting baptised until later in the summer, and we'll have a bigger 'party' with family and friends at that point. But for now, we did the whole pizza/cake thing at the house. I did NOT invite Chris's girlfriend, Kay, to join us, and we met for the first time. It was NOT a nice visit, and she is NOT a lovely girl. I am NOT happy to have met her and her two children.

After saying goodbye to my monkeys, I did NOT drive down to Lethbridge where I did NOT hang with my brother and parents for the night. I did NOT need that. I miss Uncle Kannie, so I made him sing with me while I played the piano. Him and his girlface sang along- my piano skills are SLOWLY improving, so I enjoy playing for him to get more practice. It may also help that my mother has a baby grand, and who wouldn't want to play on it!? Visiting with my parents and having their undivided attention is rare in a family of 9 kids, so I was grateful for the LATE hours they spent with me, in spite of their need for sleep. (old people. Sheesh! ;) )

I then did NOT sleep in the basement, where it's like a cocoon... dark, and SILENT. I did NOT freak out when I woke up the next morning at 11!!!!!! I was supposed to be out helping Will paint the Prince of Wales Hotel an hour away... and I hadn't eaten or dressed, and wasn't even showered yet! OUCH. As I'm contemplating my time to get there vs. the shower, I skip breakfast all together, dress, and rush out the door. The good thing is that Will and I are NOT being good and keeping our physical relationship down to holding hands or kissing like 'gramma', so me not showering is a good reason for him to have to stay a safe distance away from me! lol But I tell ya, if he called me gramma one more time... somebody gonna get a hurt real bad! I swear, I was getting a saggy-boob complex!

I did not rush to Waterton, where...*hangs head in shame* I did NOT get a speeding ticket. I SOOOOOOO can not afford a ticket right now, so I was totally unimpressed! And the cop was hot, and yet, I still couldn't get out of that one! Saggy boob complex exponentially increased! (haha, kidding. mostly)

After arriving in Waterton, I did NOT enjoy painting with Will. He is NOT talented at what he does, and didn't even get angry with me when I messed up his paint job like, a bagillion times. You know he loves me when I can mess up so brutally! It was fun on the lift, way up high. But man, it was windy!

A few hours later, we went back to town, showered the paint out of my eyes and the stink off the rest of me, changed, dropped in at a wedding reception, and then headed out to Lethbridge again for some Japanese dinner. I do NOT enjoy doing that as it totally brings me back to my days in Japan. Then we did NOT have a visit with my parents again, and I did NOT receive advice, support, and a blessing from my father. My parents do NOT give good advice, and it was NOT wonderful.

Sunday was church. I don't know how, but I TOTALLY did NOT gimp-up my knee one night last week, and walking in heels SUCKED! And, lemme just add, that walking in flats is not an option--- I LOVE heels. And these ones are way cute, so NO, I would *not* be wearing anything else. It's painful being this beautiful, but I guess I'll suffer! ;P

Sunday afternoon after a yummy fish dinner, we did NOT go with Will's parents (and niece) to Waterton again for a picnic and some pictures.

Seeing Will was NOT exactly what I needed to get out of my funk from last week. It fills my 'love tank', and I always hate driving away. And, he'll be busy painting again for the next weekend or five, and I'm poor.. so who knows when we'll see each other again. Long distance does NOT suck.

13 comments:

Kare said...

Wowsers, hon... Look how long your hair is getting! NICE! :) I want to get mine chopped ASAP... but I like how you look in your specs and hat... :) Happy girlie!

Brandi said...

Hi Debbi, thanks for your comment on my blog...it made me laugh! i like your blog too...you seem like a funny gal...we'd probably get along :)
i also love that 'cool' list you have...i think i shall 'borrow' it for my blog!

holymotherofgod said...

That was not a great post =) What beautiful country, mmm nice shots. I miss mountains (*cries*)

Dorienne said...

I've been missing you! Sounds like a great trip.

rachaelgking said...

I absolutely love that you said "fills my love tank."

Unknown said...

you two look soooo happy.

if not a little frustrated.

andy

p.s. you are so very brave to go up that high...i can't even climb a fence without freaking out.

p.p.s. but i guess everything pretty much freaks me out.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm that cake looks good!

Grand Pooba said...

I'm so jealous of your outdoorsy weekend! Plus I can't believe you invited the girlfriend over for the party! You are much stronger than I!

Megan said...

Awww, sounds like quite the fun-filled weekend! GREAT pics! You two are just too cute! (and I see Will is a Mariner's fan?...not sure why...they kinda suck. LOL)

Unknown said...

That hotel is in the most beautiful setting! No wonder you look so refreshed and in love!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous setting, gorgeous man, can't get much better than that

The Bullknitter said...

I did not love those pics of Waterton and they did not make me homesick. Thanks a lot.

EmmaP said...

ok - i wanna go there just to stay in that hotel!!! looks awesome!!! and I know what you mean about the whole "gramma complex"... hehehe!