Thursday, June 11, 2009

Isn't It Amazing?

Isnt' it AMAZING what you can find in a basement that hasn't been 100% cleaned in 5 years?

Isn't it excessive amazing how much stuff you forgot you had and realized you haven't NEEDED, USED, or even WANTED in 5 years?

Isn't it disturbing amazing what kind of crap can be left on the curb AFTER a basement guttage, and even more disheartening amazing that I still have two floors of the house to gut? Specifically, the bedrooms and toyroom of broken McDonald Happy meal toys. Ug. I loathe those.

It will be unlikely amazing if the garbage truck takes it all and saves me from a trip to the dump! *edit- The garbage man was obviously in a cranky mood and did NOT take the stuff. BOO. Now I have to clean my van of all the garbage inside it in order to have enough room to stuff it full of MORE garbage and take it to the dump! Where's the logic in that?!

Isn't it overwhelming amazing how, other than the basement, the rest of my house looks DISGUSTING-- boxes of stuff everywhere: one pile for goodwill, one pile of Chris' junk, one pile of stuff for the 8GVs to sort through...

Isn't it depressing amazing how much laundry accrues when you're busy for 3 straight days in a basement?

11 comments:

Brandi said...

oh my! that is a LOT of laundry! i thought my 2 or 3 loads a week was a lot!!

Unknown said...

i thought i told you if you stayed drunk that time goes faster?

it probably makes house gutting more enjoyable also.

thank goodness the basement is done, hope you have enough garbage bags in stock!

andy

Grand Pooba said...

Moving sucks! What are u doing blogging when you have all that laundary to do?!

Lol

What are the 8 gothic virgins?

My Many Coloured Days said...

What makes all of that amazing is YOU! Purging is so fulfilling though, don't you think?! Laundry on the other hand...

patty said...

oooohhh remember that every time I moved, I moved two weeks ago! and I do not want to repeat it, I need therapy! jaja

Tanis, said...

Just pack up that laundry too and pretend it doesn't exist. That's what I do, and I'm not even moving anywhere!

Heather May said...

Grand pooba, I'm laughing my butt off. I don't think any of us have been called a virgin in like a decade?!! At least! LOL!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm laughing at Grand Pooba's remarks too. LOL. If ONLY they called themselves virgins. LMBO.

The Bullknitter said...

Sorry, no time to comment. I have a sudden urge to go clean my basement.

Maxie said...

the other day the garbage truck took my old treadmill AND a recliner. I wanted to kiss the men that hauled it away.

Anonymous said...

At least you're tackling things early! I'm moving in 2 weeks and have only packed one box. Am starting to stress!

WV: phicsi - the feeling of physical sickness when you know what has to be done and you don't want to do it...