Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday Tunes- Scattered Thoughts

I'm totally random right now. Fair warning.

Finding a theme to the posts lately?! Being BOTH divorced, now we can say what we want and not care about who reads what, so I'm loving the freedom of that. And, so, because of that, you're all getting my pent-up mushy-ness. Trust me, there's LOTS to go around! ;) And, "too bad, my blog!" ;)

Yesterday I just smiled at random times at the memory of the weekend. Being with Will. It MAY have been because I'm sporting a ring on my left fourth-finger from him and so everytime I looked at my hand, I thought about him and laughed. Our little matching rings makes for some fun comments, seeing as Will's father and Chris both asked if congratulations were in order. yah. Uh. Cuz we'd get engaged with plastic. lol it's a mood ring. lol Makes me giggle.

Soooo loving a 'clean' house, even if it's because I have to move. It's so freeing to have everything minimized, aromatized, alphabetized, organized and ... uh... uh... caramelized? The carpets came out pretty well, and for family night last night I put the kids to work and got the windows/mirrors, door handles, light switches and bathrooms cleaned. The family that cleans together...um...
yah. nothing clever rhymes with CLEANS. nevermind.

Mimi's having some separation anxiety, and every night cries for Daddy. I don't know why. Maybe she's too tired lately because she's been avoiding/weening off her afternoon nap, and it's her way of 'releasing' her daily stress? Whatever the reason, it's kinda sad, and I can't say anything other than "Daddy's not here, he's at his house." And, being the good mom that I am, I bribe her to shut up by letting her stay up until midnight with cookies and sugarpops in bed. Forget this "I want Daddy" crap: Mom is SOOOO gonna win her over.

Note to self: Self, when one of your contacts feels wrong and MAY have a tear in it, don't try to be so frugal as to wait until the next day to replace it. When you don't find dirt on it, and it's not bent or in backwards, odds are good that it's time to open a new one. And, for goodness sake, DO NOT try to be a martyr and keep the darned, painful thing IN YOUR EYE for the whole day. Your eye is crying for a reason. Because, if it COULD, your cornea would tell you that the whole entire next day, your eye is going to hurt like a mother!

I got the funniest sunburn that's totally hurting. I wore shorts while I was helping Will paint the hotel again this past Saturday, and the backs of my knees got burnt, but the rest of my legs (calves, everything) is pale-white still! What the? One HALF of the back of my neck got burnt too, but only in a palm-sized spot. It's very odd.



And it's Tuesday, so I'm tuning you today into five of my newer fave songs.

The Arms Of A Woman - Amos Lee
My sister, Keeks (Kiki) introduced me to this guy. I'm totally in love, and have downloaded a bunch of his other songs. Check out Southern Girl, Colours, and Careless... a bunch of my other faves.

The Luckiest- Ben Folds Five
I know. It's not new. But I have this song on a permanent repeat while I clean these past few days.

Goodbye- Kristinia
Allison got me on this one. So fun. So "me" last year. What a great work-out or, in my case, scrub-the-floor song. Scrubbing the floor IS working out, I'm pretty sure. So is blogging. And, uh.. napping. Yah. Total workout. It's been researched somewhere, I'm sure.

You Could Be Happy- Snow Patrol
Just a good song. It calms me, the way the tune goes. I guess it's kinda a sad song, but I still like it.

Closer- Joshua Radin
I love his stuff. "I take the blue ones every time". BEST LINE! Blue mood ring = romantic or in love. :) I know that's not what he's talking about. But whatever.

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

funny about the sunburn and the mood rings!

And really, why do we DO that to your eyes? I always wear mine like for at least 2 months or until they rip...and they'll be a film on them and everything (they're disposable two week contacts) and I'll keep trying to string them along! lol

Unknown said...

Holy moly, I'm the same way with my contacts. And I had the same thing happen to me only 2 weeks ago!! Although, I was at school alllll day and couldn't change it. Everyone thought somebody died or that I had some serious allergies. nope....just a stupid contact and my eye was screaming "GET THIS THING OFFA ME!!!"

And I agree that napping is working out. If that's the case, I work out about 10 times a week! :)

deb@virginia blue said...

I absolutely LOVE those last two songs!

I miss you, babe...life is just toooooo crazy right now. Someday, I might actually be able to blog again!

Jillene said...

I have sunburned the backs of my knees before--OUCH!! It sucks!!

Grand Pooba said...

OH I love when my house is carmelized too! LOL what the? You make me laugh.

Love the mood rings, I bet the color blue means love doesn't it!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! You made my eye hurt!

I love Joshua Radin.

Kristi said...

Interesting how I brought you to love Amos Lee. Scott made me a mix CD with him on it, so I hardly know his stuff. Funny.

The family that cleans together, beams together....eh? eh? eh?

And for all of you with contacts, go get laser eye surgery and stop wasting your money on ripped contacts that last a couple months already!

BTW I always look down at my left hand ring too. :P

Unknown said...

I don't have contacts...soundds like so much work!

Ohhh those moods rings are awesome..I am sure they are throwing a lot of people off.....

anyway, take it easy on that sunburn. I hate sunburns!