Monday, June 8, 2009

Perfect, Except For That Last Part

mmmmmm.

I am in just *bliss* right now.

Being done with everything marital on both our sides, Will and I can FINALLY feel like a new chapter is ALLOWED to begin. So, we're planning our wedding for September 11th, seeing as someone told us that was a day we needed to look forward to!

*he he, hey, if the shoe fits. Thanks for the idea.*

We decided to skip the painting and cleaning. Instead, we played and loved. Although we woke up to THIS, so my original plans to go hiking had to be altered a bit... no outside stuff.

We went to the pet store, something both our kids love doing, so it was an easy family-date to decide on. Of course, the incessant 'mommy, can we get one' got on my nerves, but watching Grace and LL try to connive their way into sharing ownership of a glorified "Mighty", hamster (read: Nasty Mouse-wannabe) was fairly entertaining! Those two are sometimes just peas in a pod.

There's nothing like having 9 people file out of ONE vehicle, ESPECIALLY when there's two parents and a bunch of blond mini-mes. We always raise a few eyebrows. We overtook that already crowded pet store for a good two hours. I even made friends. Anyone want to donate only $1288 to my 'let-my-friend-come-home-with-me' fund?! ;)

(my "friend" looked JUST like this)

We bought a few movies. Shopped for some 'make it fast' dinner, and had a YUMMY supper together. I LOVE having my table full. It's a huge table, but with our clan, there's not ONE extra spot. It's perfect.

A bit of bunny-chasing for 4 of them. They attempted to catch one of the stupid rabbits that are ALWAYS in my yard, and, surprisingly, they almost did. I gave Will permission to kill anything he could catch. Stupid bunnies. Even my NEIGHBOURS were cheering them on! (proof it's not just me that has a hate-on for these bunnies)

Dessert, and bedtime for the monkeys-a-la-ME. Settled the older monkeys-a-la-Will in for the movie and bed.

Then, Will and I went out to CELEBRATE.
It was a perfect, cloudless night, and the moon was full.

So we parked.
Yep. Like I was 17 again.
Went out to a new area of town, where there's only a handful of houses already built, and I drove Will's truck to the end of an unfinished street, turned the truck to look at the moon, and we sat in that truck for HOURS!

In fact, just to make it 'authentic' parking, the police pulled up to us. Shined a light into the cab for a good 5 minutes. Which is when they probably noticed that we were FACING each other, on opposite sides of the truck, making wedding plans talking. The cop walked up to me (in the driver's side) and when I opened the window, the cop just laughed, and noticed we weren't teenagers, and said, "oh! Just checking. We've had a bit of break-ins around here." (don't start me on my dirty-thinking around THAT one! lol) They suggested we move elsewhere. I SOOO felt 17 again! Although, this time I was clothed I was in the driver's seat, being good.

The rest of the night was spent cuddling and laughing while listening to CBC radio, which, if you didn't know, has QUITE mind-numbing, strange entertaining poetry readings. "You are NOT paying attention!" And, yes, it was spent un-gramma-fying us. (Fade to Black, that's all I'm writing! ;) )

Sunday is always my FAVOURITE part of being with Will. This is probably because having someone sit beside me in church isn't something I take for granted. Having someone beside me who would take the sacrament. Holding hands during a prayer I know he's listening to. Someone who'll sing along to the church movie in the van on the way there. Someone who's inspired to tell his children things, advises his children lovingly, and then finds out that the entire Sacrament meeting is about that exact same thing. Someone who's in tune enough to recognize that prompting, and knows where it comes from. Someone who'll read scriptures with me. Who will discuss what we learned *sitting side-by-side* in Sunday School. Someone my bishop knows. Someone half of my WARD knows! :) Someone who wants to be there just as much as I do. And wants to sit beside me forever. "Do you think, when we're married in three months, that you'll sit beside me for the rest of our lives, just like this?" *inner giggle "yes dear." Yep, he wants me! :D

We went home, where I had made a big, early dinner. (roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli, cheese sauce, spinach salad, corn, buns) It smelt so good, we could smell it OUTSIDE of the house when we drove up! With soon-to-be family Sin and Vegan, Babbling Brook and Taylor, we filled that kitchen table PAST capacity, and that small roast went PERFECTLY with everything else. SOOO yummy.

A nap later. A cuddle with the kids. A stolen kiss (or twenty) from Will in the pantry.

And then they had to leave. :(

Hugs all around.
I hate that part. But the smell of Will on his shirt beside me while I sleep usually ties me over for the week.

Until Friday, and *bliss* starts all over again.

oh, and yah, the wedding part. Uh, it's a joke, sillies.

16 comments:

Alison said...

ahhh... :D What a great post! So happy for you both.

Carla McDaniel said...

What!!!!??? Where have I been? You're getting married????
Holy crap...that is so awesome!!! I am so happy for you. And September 11th, wow!!!!
Congrats! You deserve so much happiness in your life.
Hugs..big huge hugs!

Annelie said...

Ha ha! That is so funny!
I'm glad you guys are having such a great time, and can finally de-gramma-fy. It is wonderful to read your total happiness!
You deserve every single bit of it!
Hugs!

B Willy said...

You are "NOT" paying attention!! if you read this and are still Confused?? LOL..
>Pretty bird- Yes
>Full Moon -Umm Ya (hehe)
>Wicked Makeout session(Titanic style in the car)- Heck Ya ;)
"BUUUTTTT"
> The whole wedding part being a joke-????????? Well Debbi - Maybe you were JUST not PAYING attention ?? I "WILL" love U Forever
and eva : <3

Dorienne said...

Such a tease. Glad to see you so happy.

Debbie Jo said...

HAHA, you totally had me Debbi. You evil girl! just like in school "read all the instructions before you take this test....rule #1 Write you name at the top of the sheet.

rule #2, hand in the test" just to see how many doops handed in a fully complete test with an epic fail.

HAHA, good times Deb, and congrats on finally being able mack! LOL mack.

Kat said...

So...I am confused, is there a wedding or not! I was getting all excited.

Jillene said...

I LOVE this post!! I am REALLY REALLY glad that you are so happy Debbi!!

Rhonda said...

Grrr...I want the wedding to go on as scheduled! Maybe the jokes on YOU and you really WILL be married that soon! lol

What a nice weekend!

Hailey said...

FUN post!!!

And fwiw - I think September 11th is a fine day to be married...although personal experience leads me to think November 15th is even better :D

LOVE that you two are soooo happy!!! and sooo in LOVE! And LOVE that will commented - you're stuck with him it seems...although from what you've posted - that doesn't seem like it'll be half bad ;)

YAY for the happy *not getting married YET* couple!

oh and LOVE the visual of you all gathered around the table - that warms my heart...and can you imagine Christmases *sigh* Just beautiful!

You deserve it all - the good stuff anyways!

Brandi said...

sounds like you had a fab weekend! yay :)

rachaelgking said...

Oooo... I kinda wish I had a car so B and I could go 'park' now... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great night!
I love the pet store. And your new "friend" is adorable!

EmmaP said...

awww..how cute! i even cried! sept 11th... i know, not funny, and yet I laughed. tho I think April Fools day sounds a bit lovely, don't you? And I guess I did it backwards with Big-D. We went from Un-Grammy-fied to Grammy-fied with the occassional back seat makeouts! lol! I sooooo wish we lived closer together... seriously!!!

Unknown said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!
Sept 11th sounds great! Congrats on having the day picked out.

Did you really only talk while you were parked...because dang, that sounded kind of fun for minute there!

Grand Pooba said...

Yay! You're getting married in September! So I hope you don't mind if I ask *where* you will be getting married?

And that is hillarious about the cops catching you two "parking"! Seriously, you're life never has a dull moment does it?