Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Catch Up From The Weekend

I'm sad that my blogging is 'failing'. My pre-post option isn't functioning properly on blogger, and I had posts pre-written and scheduled that never showed up while I was away from the computer. (So, No, Cate, it wasn't your google reader). What makes me most sad is that I have ten kids a day here at the dayhome for the next 2 weeks, and finding a few minutes to blog is tough. So preposting may sound like a great idea, but the posts aren't posting anyways. Expect sporadic, semi-discombobulated posts like this one!

Yesterday, I had ten kids. And two showings! We spent the first one at the playground. The second one was during dinner hour, so thankfully Sin and her family invited us to eat and have Family Home Evening with them.

BY THE WAY, 10 kids eat over a loaf and a half of bread for lunch sandwiches! It was a lot of bread!

THANKFULLY, I had Will helping me. And Uncle Kannie. AND Auntie Kennie (Uncle Kannie's ex girlfriend came over to see the kids, too). Will stained my deck, which looks AMAZINGLY better. He fixed the broken screen on a window, and put the basement back together from the leak.

I would take a picture, but my camera battery died this weekend in the middle of when I went to Waterton with my kids to play with Will. So, no such hot pictures!

Friday night, I picked up Uncle JJ from the airport, and we drove (quite late at night) to my parents' home. Slept there, and enjoyed a lazy morning before I packed the munchins up for Waterton. Once checking in with my painting Will, I took them to the classic touristy spots, since they'd never been.

We had lunch, got ice cream, and lucky for us, there was a play in the park put on by the "rangers", so we enjoyed some free entertainment too. And then the camera died. :(

Once we picked up Will and his son B-Ray (whom, from hereafter is referred to as "Bigguy" because that's what Mimi calls him) and the other painter, we drove to Cameron Lake and went on a bit of a hike through the trails before the boys jumped into the glacial water!!!

Saturday night, Gramma D watched my kids so Will and I could go on a date. Which, really, consists of visiting friends and looking at houses to buy. We may (or may not have) gotten MORE ice cream, and then we drove out into the outskirts of town, passing eagles and bucks and mosquitoes galore!

Then, we watched the AWESOME night sky. Overlooking the city and the temple, the stars that night were absolutely breathtaking. We saw about 7 shooting stars! A few satellites and a huge crick in the neck later, we left. It was very sweet and romantic.

Sunday: church. Dinner. Naps. Walks.... and then a drive home.

All in all, a nice, easy weekend. Just my favourite kind!
And now I'm off to get ready for ANOTHER showing in a few hours and to go charge my camera batteries!

9 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

I want ice cream! Me likey ice cream! Ben & Jerry's Phish Food...mmmmmm...

Jillene said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! And that ice cream look DELISH!!

Call Me Cate said...

Sounds great, minus the Blogger failure. I've been dealing with that as well. I bust my butt to write a post ahead of time and then Blogger takes the day off.

rachaelgking said...

I love that picture of the three of you with your backs turned!

Anonymous said...

Pre posting isn't working for me either. Stinks when life is busy and I have a ton of posts that could go up on their own IF they would listen. Get it worked out BLOGGER!

Grand Pooba said...

So much ice cream! Now THAT's the perfect weekend :)

That last picture of the kids is just adorable girl!

I have no idea how to pre post, is this some secret that I don't know about? Why is everyone hiding this from me?

At least you're trying! Good luck with your house showing!

Sell! Sell! Sell!

Anonymous said...

Ok that sounds like an extremely insane day. Good luck surviving!

EmmaP said...

you are blessed to have all of the showings. and i LOVE disconbobulated posts!!!!!

Unknown said...

blogger is wacko lately...but don't worry, cause all the people who love you will check in every so often to make sure you have food and water;)

andy