Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Yay Or Nay- June edition

Yay for having a house so clean that I end up with not much to do during the day.
Nay for being bored because of that.
Yay for having more time to practice the piano or write in my paper journal.
Nay for lacking the energy to do either of those and forcing myself to anyways.

Yay for having hardly any toys for the kids to make a mess with.
Nay for not having enough things to keep them entertained without reverting to destroying freshly painted walls with markers.
Yay that the only things that have touched the walls were grimy fingers, in spite of my new phrase, "touch the walls and I'll put you in a permanent Time-Out". Maybe the fact that they STILL touched the walls is a Nay, but it coulda been worse! Yay that last week I threw any markers I found in the garbage.

Yay for school almost over-- two days and counting down.
Yay for no more school lunches. Or uniform issues ("my only other shirt is dirty". "I don't want to wear this one", "Where are some black socks!!!???")

Yay for having an open house this weekend and bringing possibly more buyers into the home.
Nay that only 3% of houses bought are ever bought because of an open house. Yay that I bought my first house at an open house, so, there's hope.

6 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

Picturing your clean house and full journal. And, really, school is still in session there???

EmmaP said...

Markers=Evil...

Hey! I have paper journals too! and HEY! I play the piano too! and Hey! I've got a child in school too! (he goes till July 1st)... wow - we are more alike than you know. Hey...we should like totally hook up on FB...and then you'd probably get those "details" you were asking about. hehehe.

Brandi said...

3% - that's it?!?
i will be sending some good luck your way and hope that a bidding war for your house ensues.....:)

Organic Meatbag said...

Contrary to most people, I find it more fun to say "Nay"....Naaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy... like a horse's neigh...

but Yay for your good stuff nonetheless!!

Grand Pooba said...

Yay that there were way more yays than nays! I bet you were able to tackle that pile of dirty clothes too, yay!

Good luck with your open house!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the open house!