Friday, October 24, 2008

Yep, Candy Fridays, Yo!

It's a GV thing. kinda.
Well, TECHNICALLY, it's a Sin and I thing. But the GVs are in it too.

Let's settle in for storyhour.

Once upon a time, little red ride-the-hood (A.K.A Sin) was eating crazy amounts of Chocolate one Wednesday. (And yes, I make fun of her non-stop in stupid names we give each other, but in reality, she's a great gal :) ) She and I were both trying to lose weight.. correction... She and I ARE both trying to lose weight. When one is trying to lose weight, it's always good to have a friend or support-system to call in those moments of weakness. Which, when it comes to Sin, those weak moments are OFTEN! -She has NO self-control. HAHA. which is why I love her.

ANYwhoodle,
So she called me in her Chocolate-coma, and, in true friend fashion, I did NOT remove the Chocolate. I mean, cummon-- you do NOT take another friend's Chocolate from their hands. It's just rude. And warrants a SERIOUS flogging from said friend and other women worldwide. Do NOT take another friend's Chocolate!!! No, I did not steal her Chocolate, I simply reassured her that on Wednesdays, Chocolate has zero calories. You can eat as much Chocolate as you like and indulge like CRAZY on Wednesdays with NO calories. :) See? True friends know caloric intake of Chocolate on certain days. And, believe you me, some days you do NOT want to eat Chocolate.

Like today.

Nope. Today is Friday. Thus, Candy Friday. You guessed it. Same idea as Chocolate Wednesday, but this time we eat Candy. Well, in all fairness, most of the time we don't ACTUALLY eat Candy, but we like to imagine we were! :D The best Candy for Fridays is hard Candy, because you don't need as much, and, because you usually have to suck on it, it lasts that much longer. Candy Friday came after Chocolate Wednesday (we also have Pizza Monday, and Taco Tuesday, and Milkshake Thursday). Sometimes, but NOT ALWAYS, you can cheat and have Candy AND Chocolate on the same day like in M&Ms (Candy-coated Chocolate), but, really girls, that's just a bit too much, no? (By the way, Fudge is NOT the same as Chocolate. Clearly)

Rules:

  1. Chocolate can *and should* be eaten often. Some even believe it should be taken daily!! Indulge, but remember, there are ONLY no calories on Wednesday. Enjoy your Chocolate, women, but don't tell your friends about it on ANY other day than Wednesday. Some women are on certain Chocolate-reduced diets and don't like to hear it.
  2. DO NOT SHARE CHOCOLATE!!! Women NEVER share Chocolate. It is against the rules. Stealing another woman's Chocolate results in unmentionable consequences. Have you ever TRIED to steal Chocolate from another woman?? It's dangerous. Fear for your life. A woman scorned, I tell ya, a woman scorned!!!
  3. ANY Chocolate the woman desires is acceptable forms of Chocolate. For instance, some women prefer the kind you can break (like me-- that way, you don't have to have the WHOLE thing at once and it makes you feel better about eating the entire thing in one sitting!!), some prefer certain coloured Chocolate over the others (I'm partial to white or light Chocolate, I think black leaves a bitter aftertaste) and some prefer types with fruit or nuts (I'm NOT a fruit girl, but I AM a nut girl. mmm) Oh, and caramel. Yes, I love me some Chocolate with gooey caramel inside!
  4. You may share SOME Candy, but in general, women shouldn't *(and don't) share Candy well either. I've been known to share Candy once in a while with ONLY my closest friends, but I, for one, DO NOT SHARE CHOCOLATE!!! I have done that, and I'm NOT okay with it. See rule #2!!!
  5. Yes, as you may have noticed, Chocolate and Candy are ALWAYS capitalized. Always. It's a rule. Don't fight it.

So, enjoy Candy Friday, women around the world!!! And Sin, (and the others who already knew the Chocolate/Candy story- the GVs, some sisters of mine, a few chosen friends)... FYI: I will be enjoying my own Candy today. But if you feel like sharing-- I'm here. :)

6 comments:

Lyn said...

I absolutely ADORE this post, ADORE this whole concept, (because I ADORE chocolate, nuts, and caramel), and ADORE you!

Sadly, I have no chocolate or candy at the moment...which means I WILL be purchasing Peanut M&Ms at the grocery store tomorrow!

Debbie Jo said...

ROFLMBON!!!!!!

that was super super brilliant. My favorite type of chocolate is milk chocolate with some gooey caramel, and maybe some nuts...perferably peanuts.mmm nuts

Kat said...

Ok Candy?

Lyn said...

Congratulations! Because the Ya-Yas think you're sooooo awesome, we're giving you the Bookworm Award! See our page for details =)

mcdltdsy said...

I confused... is this really about Candy or Chocolate? I'm not so sure. Hmmmm... nope still confused.

Debbi said...

MC-- it's about both. Since both are yummy.