Friday, October 31, 2008

Goodbye 27

I'm 28 today.

I don't think that's old. I'm not afraid of getting old, anyways. There's lots of things to look forward to, and growing old usually comes with wisdom. It'll be nice to finally have wisdom one day! ;)

Dating AND being old. Grrr. That part bites. I think, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I'm verging on Cougar Age at the bars! Yikes. (not that the bars are where I plan to meet guys, but I LOVE dancing and seem to notice that some guys are young enough to be.. uh... kids who actually LIKED Hanna Montana!! eek. )

Cougar Age: anyone younger than half your age plus seven.
So, to a guy who's 20, I'm a cougar! Ew. Guess what's worse-- guys at the bar are 18!!! LOL

But, I'm embracing my cougarness. LOL I think I'm technically called a Puma. Not quite a cougar yet. Phewsh. lol

It was the first year in over 10 years that I woke up on my birthday alone. No one else in my bed. For over 10 years. (a few years before Chris, I has sleepovers with all my friends and stuff) I don't know how I feel about that.

Being born on Hallowe'en has it's perks. People from all over drop by to wish me a happy birthday ALL night! (their words MIGHT come out as "trick or treat", but I know they're meaning "Happy Birthday". Obviously) And I can get away with calling myself a witch and no one argues with me. (Because I know you were ALL thinking that I was soo far from a witch! ;) )

I've had a lot of interesting talks with friends. The GVs last night helped me make these while we had some good, honest and open-hearted conversations, I've talked with EF today where I told her how I was feeling and what's going on with me watching her kids, and had some revealing conversations with few people via emails. This year is going to prove interesting, I'm sure.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

um, you are a cougar to guys who are 21, not 20. 14 is half your age, sweetie. Now, I'm a cougat to the 20 year olds!! HAHAHAHA NO WONDER I have a hard time finding a date!!!!!

BTW trick or treat

Debbi said...

No, I'm allowed to date people UP to (er, down to??) the age up 21. After 21 (before??), I'm a cougar. So, to a 20 year old, I'm a cougar. ew.

David and Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Cuz!
I may be slow or not at all with it, but what are those things you made at GV's night? Apples, Suckers, etc. Sorry I'm Special!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Happy birthday! Welcome to the 28 club - so far it rocks! 1980 was a special year. Enjoy your trick or treaters' wishes.

Debbi said...

Cheryl,
They're Timbits covered with fondant icing. Coloured (faces) with edible markers, and stuck on a stick.

And thanks for the birthday wishes, gals.

Kat said...

Happy belated, sorry Im late... hey that means Im the Queen COugar married to Caleb.lol
Funny thing is heis way more mature than me.

Staccey said...

LOL cougar! Good thing I'm still married! Although I don't think I could even date anyone younger than 26 - I mean - I think I'd want to 'mother them' double ewww!

You my dear have nothing to worry about! You are one yummy mommy -they only problem you will have is finding someone intellegent enough to keep up with you!
Luv ya

genkibond said...

I guess it's true, youth is wasted on the young!!! No offense, but allow me to call the whaaaaambulance.
I will turn 45 on my next birthday. I guess I wish that I could be pre-30 again, but I like to look forward. I keep thinking about all the great things that are coming.