Thursday, October 30, 2008

You and Your Little Dog Too!

Last night we de-gunktified the five punkins that were sitting on our doorstep for the past three weeks. (We picked them up at Thanksgiving in Creston). Amazingly they weren't rotten, but even more amazingly, we haven't had much bad weather to rot them with.

Pre-pumpkin:
Mid (de-gunktified) Pumpkin: End result Pumpkin: I think this is the first year I've lived in Calgary that we haven't had a big snowfall by Hallowe'en. And this post better not jinx that. Seriously, one year, we were trick-or-treating in FREEZING weather and sliding on the icechunks on the sidewalks. It sucked. There were people in their homes handing out hot chocolate to the parents with the kids!!!

I'm glad it's a mild one this year, as Mimi's costume is slightly thin and won't fit a large coat underneath. She wanted to be a witch this year, so thankfully my mother lives near a clearance store and got her a really, really cute witch costume for a few bucks. Score! I don't know where Meems has even SEEN a witch, but she knows what they sound like!
And it may entirely be possible that she learned it from the way I sound when I'm angry that she's up past her bedtime, but it could just as likely NOT be. muahaha.

So, here's our prep for Hallowe'en.
Costumes: CHECK
Pumpkins: CHECK
Decorations: CHECK
Pumpkin Seeds (washed, dried, seasoned and ready) to Be Cooked Today: CHECK
Too much candy that will NEVER get all handed out.. and will HAVE to be eaten, shamelessly, by yours truly: CHECK CHECK CHECK
One Night Of 8 Gothic WITCHES carving more pumpkins in their traditional GV Hallowe'en shirts: CHECK
(Can you believe I made this shirt years ago? A bit of foreshadowing, much?? :P Other shirts included ones saying, "Witch", "Hallowe'en Apples", "Boo-B", "Meow" and, my personal fave, "Tricks For Treats". hahaha Us 8GVs are gonna rock out with our... frocks out??)

I think that's it, right? What else could a witch want?!

7 comments:

Lyn said...

OH MY GOSH!!
I LOVE the T-Shirts! (of COURSE I would...I have NO boobs!)

I think the GVs and the Ya-Yas need to get together and wreak havoc somewhere...whatcha think?

Debbi said...

Well, Lyn, it's definitely a good idea. We would be a pair of very fun 'groups' of YaGVyas.

Cheryl and Bob said...

I love the shirts!! I should have one made too, "I stalk GVs!" What do you think?

Debbi said...

Yah, Cheryl, that would have worked. or "Let's Boo-gy". or, "I like Ghouls Night". *I thought of those ones yesterday.

The Bullknitter said...

Cute pumpkins.

Anonymous said...

Rock out with your frocks out...

Jam out with your, uh, clam out.

Debbi said...

ROFL!! Emily, you crack me up!! That's awesome.