Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday Ws

Who: LL
What: Is officially Twit-Twit-Twooo'd
Where: Cardel Place
When: last night
Why: because it's her first year of brownies, so she got her 'enrollment' done. It's cute how so many things in Brownies hasn't changed since *I* was a brownie. I love that I am passing on that love of a program to my children. But some things HAVE changed... ie: the Brownie Promise. Uh, they started to chant it together, and lost me on the second line! What happened to "I Promise, to do my duty to God, the Queen and My COuntry. To help other people every day, expecially those at home"?!!?? Nope- now it's something else I don't recognize.

Another thing that has changed since I was a brownie-- mint Chocolate cookies. Ew. I know some people prefer these over the vanilla/chocolate sandwich ones, but really, not me.
And another change is the price of said cookies. But that's inevitable.

Wow. That's a whole lotta NOTHING to talk about. So, I'm leaving you with some of my favourite clips a la YouTube. I woke up this morning to THIS song in my head, sang it to my kids to wake them up when Mimi promptly told me, in no short of words, "STOP SINGING, MAMMA~!" LOL one of my favourite movie scenes EVER, though.

Some of my favourite movies are old, classical musicals. They are PURE entertainment-- movies aren't made like this anymore-- except for the odd occasion like in THIS movie. But, here's a list of my favourite scenes from some GREAT movies.

Carousel
Seven Brides For Seven Brothers (word was, they did this in one take)
The King And I (haha, fast forward to the funniest part at 3:50 through to 5:06)
Victor Borge (okay, I recognize it's not a musical movie, but too good not to share. I have never seen this until today and laughed and laughed!! I saw Borge do this on his own, but never with Dean Martin!)
Chicago (not quite a classical, but still entertaining)

1 comments:

holymotherofgod said...

Dude we were seperated at birth with our tastes...LOL Good movie choices! And omg as soon as I read twit toowit toowoo I remembered the whole Brownie oath... !!!!