Monday, October 20, 2008

Holiday happenings

This kinda sucks.
I have so much on my mind, but none of it that I can actually share. It's not mine to share. To put it plainly, I'm just worried about a bunch of loved ones of mine. Those of you (who I KNOW read the blog) who think I'm talking about you-- You're right. I'm not worried on a make-myself-crazy level. But I just love them and hope that things in their lives get better than they feel like they are today. Or, in some cases, I wish them well on their upcoming journey.

I'm also a bit stressed with work. Lost yet ANOTHER child from the dayhome. Meaning that, come November first, I'm down to two part-time (daytime, not before/after school) kids. Who maybe come twice a week each! Yikes. Off to advertise that I have space again, although, it kinda bugs me to do the whole interviewing process. Lame. And that is a direct correlation to income, so now I worry about that. I have been REALLY blessed, and believe that where a door closes, another window opens.

I love the craziness of the next few months. Something I actually look forward to. I warn you, from now on, I may start the talk of Christmas!!! :D Yes, I'm a Christmas-aholic. I decorate my house as soooooon as the fall/Hallowe'en decorations are down. Which, no short of a lie, is usually by November 2nd. I deck the halls early for a few reasons: One, I am cliche' enough to say that I wish the season lasted all year long. The smells, the happiness, the songs. And yes, I realize that if it WERE to last all year long, it would lose it's beauty. Two, I host a party at the end of November that requires a decorated house usually earlier than most people. For this purpose, I end up with a fake tree.... boo hisssss. But, I refuse to decorate a tree twice just for the sake of having a real tree. And this year especially, I'm not sure I'm going to even be in town for Christmas.

So,, two more weeks of fall-ness in my home, and then I pull the TEN rubbermaids of decorations up from the basement. :D:D:D:D

But, before that, I've got Hallowe'en. We've got a few plans, but not really. I mean, there's lots that CAN happen, it's a matter of actually PICKING something. If you don't know, Hallowe'en is also my birthday. (ya yah, I've heard all the 'witch' jokes... hardy har...real original :P ) And this year it's also on a Friday. A Friday I technically don't have the kids. Sooooo, I could go out and play with friends. But most of my friends have kids of their own. And I could go to a few house-parties where kids are invited. I could go out of town either alone or not. decisions decisions.

Before we know it, 2008 will be yesteryear and I'll be sitting here, blogging, in anticipation and quiet fear or excitement of what 2009 could hold. Because, let me assure you, I did NOT expect 2008 to hold what it has!

5 comments:

mskaz said...

So, do you do "winter" decorations that early or Christmas? I am with you on that, but I've been told by the only male in the house that he doesn't like it that early. The only reason he has any say in the matter is because he needs to be the one to get the decorations out of storage. (Don't ask). I'm kinda thinking of starting Nov 19 this year because it takes a few days to do the tree (again, don't ask) and I'd really like the whole house done for the last week of November. Hmmmm. Now looking at all of that, I think it needs to be earlier.

Glad I'm not the only one who is already thinking about this!

Debbi said...

I do both winter and Christmas- seeing as they're a lot of the same things.
The only male *(above the age of accountability) hated that I do decorations that early too. This year, it really is up to me! teehee-- actually, I never listened anyways! HAH!

Yah, it takes a while to do the tree-- I get ya on that. I'm a tad anal, too, and have seriously considered two trees this year-- one for the kids, and MINE! lol Is that bad?!!?! LOL

holymotherofgod said...

....yay to celebrating seasons and things! I love the little ghosties there. Awww!! Did I mention I'm actually educated to runa daycare also LOL... (hence working in management)... =P

Anonymous said...

Why would you technically not have your kids for your BIRTHDAY when you are back together with Chris? That makes no sense at all to me. Aren't you celebrating together?

Debbi said...

that's why I said "technically". With the exception of Christmas, according to our agreement, EVERY weekend is altered between parents. THIS year, because my birthday falls on a Friday, it's TECHNICALLY Chris' weekend to have the children. If we weren't together as much, we would still take them trick-or-treating together, but after that they would go to his house and I would spend the rest of the night in ways that I please. (on a date with a future husband? Out with girlfriends at the club, dancing? At the spa? Wherever I want) Birthday or not. So happens that this year, I had the kids on HIS birthday. Next year is different.

And, might I add, I'm NOT back together with Chris, as you stated.

Thirdly, I'm not big on birthdays. So really, I could give two poops on celebrating my birthday. I have ALWAYS shared it with the holiday, so really, who cares?!