Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday W's

Who: Becka and I
What: Ran her required 4 kms
Where: Around Cranston-- a really nice route along the ridge, mostly and a bit through the pathways.
When: last night, took us about 1/2 hour-- slow for her, but she dumbed-down her running for ME. Not that it mattered, I'm feeling it again today as I tried to ensure my pace didn't slow her down too much.
Why: because she loves me. And because she needs to run to train for her 1/2 marathon coming up. And because it's good for us and it makes us feel good. And because it feeds our vanity. lol



Who: Estranged Friend and I
What: having our heart-to-heart
Where: that, actually, hasn't been determined yet. I should phone her. I'm assuming somewhere with coffee/drinks that's open late and doesn't 'expose' us too much to others who may overhear the conversation
When: tonight, after my kids are in bed, probably around 8:30 until ???
Why: because I need a sort of closure on the pain she caused, and she needs to answer my questions. And because we know that life is too short to carry this kind of hurt forever, and we both need to move on towards a new, better friendship.



Who: Crazy dayhome mom and her child
What: aren't here and haven't phoned
Where: well, he's SUPPOSED to be here, but I haven't heard WHERE he is.
When: Usually she drops him off by 7 am, but so far, no word. It's 9:15. ???
Why: Well, read my description of 'dayhome mom'. She's crazy. She hired me the Friday before he came for the first time on Monday-- never having met me. Dropped him off, didn't come in to look around, and said barely 2 words. Doesn't ever hug him when she sees him, and he doesn't get excited either. She doesn't carry on NORMAL conversation at the door when she picks him up or drops him off, and seems almost careless about his well-being. (When he peed himself because he convinced himself that he was locked in a room, she laughed when I told her the story. ) IMO, he has issues that I'm a bit worried about. I'm watching him for other signs of neglect or abuse or mental/learning issues or SOMETHING!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been running a dayhome for soooo long.
A few months ago I took on someone from church that I kinda knew. Even though I told her No... my instincts told me that.... anyway I took him on.
She believes EVERYTHING he says..which was a lot. He complained so much, especially about another child I look after, blaming her for so much (None of it true)..but he blamed me for something I did'nt do... and all of a sudden did'nt come anymore.
I feel bad about it all happening.
Anyway I like your blog.. I can
relate to a lot you say... I just hope the crazy lady does'nt blame you for her son's problems. Make sure you get paid before she just disappears. I dont charge enough... that's also a problem.
Good luck with your running... your doing a great job !!!

Becka. said...

LOVED it. Thanks for being nice ot me on our blog. :) I had fun. PS. I know I said I love running in the rain, but SERIOUSLY. I might have changed my mind. Wind doesn't help either.

Hmmm....some place open late...Moxies or Boston pizza at the back, Starbucks in Chapters is open until 10, some place like McDonalds or somewhere at the back or CO-OP in Shawnessy they have a little cafe that will be completely deserted and they're open until 10 as well.

Good luck. I'm thinking about you!

Loveya!

mcdltdsy said...

Yup... sounds like a nutter to me! Poor kid... he has no hope with weirdo for a mother! Good Luck with them.