Friday, May 16, 2008

Being You.

Who you are in the midst of a HUGE tragedy/conflict really reflects the true You.



Not the You you want to portray. Not the You you don't want to be. Just the You you are. Naturally. Without foresight or planning.



I'm figuring out how to change that You in me. Is it possible to change what is God-given/natural to who You are? If so, how? What do you need to do to change You?



I think, however, that the You in me is a good You. I have reflected on that person and when I've had the You emerge. Bear's birth/immediate sickness. Bear's seizures in Disneyland. Life-altering news. And, in those REAL moments, when I'm completely *in* the moment without anything influencing my thoughts, I amaze even myself. I actually LIKE that You. I'd worry about sounding vain or full-of-myself, but I truly believe that God WANTS me to like that You in me. That, that's the You He sees. And that's why I think the You in you is also a good You. For that minisecond, how you react and what you turn to= true You.



I know this sounds quite hoity-toity and a bit too philisophical for my own good, especially in this blog. I started reading this and, including conversations with Chris and others after the show, these are my thoughts today. *IF you want to read this book, I warn you. It's not an easy read and some of the ideas are far too DUMB to entertain or teach me. I'm not a huge fan of it yet. But, it's won awards and acclaimations, so go to it, if it tickles your fancy.

0 comments: