Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Weighting to X-hale

This is it. The day of truth.

I realize that television will make Hollywood out of the Ghetto, so i know that what I may or may not see on TV tonight won't be accurate or will be. I know I may like how they paint my story, and I may hate it. I may hate only parts. I may love most of it. But I also know that, like Nikki said in her comments to me on my post yesterday, the people who know me and love me will support me and be with me no matter WHAT story emerges.

I'd lie to say I don't care what story emerges. I'd lie if I didn't say I'm worried about what people will perceive of me and my life. But the truth of my story is out there. I know the story, now I just decided to share it for everyone else to look at me and hopefully find a bit of themselves in me somewhere. Maybe find inspiration, maybe find motivation, maybe find someone who is more human than they perceived me as to begin with.

This morning I was on Global TV news, and although my 5 minutes of fame was nothing to brag about, it was really fun. I bought a new outfit after Chris suggested that I do it, and it was nice AND indulgent to spend on myself! But I feel good, he thought I looked good, and HAHAHAHA, the lady (Angela Kokott) compared me on air to a Barbie doll. lol RIAGGGHHHTT!!

Went for a good run last night, to clear my head of nerves and in hopes of feeling more energized for the day today. I love running with Chris' Ipod...just me and my tunes that I FORCE him to have on there (haha) and nothing else. Not the sound of my breathing, or my clod-feet... just the beat of the bass and me. Just what I needed.

I hope you all enjoy my episode. I hope you'll find the truth in the glitz. I hope I'm happy with the episode. And the best part-- once my 15 minutes of fame is over, I STILL have the weightloss and the new look on life, and that's worth EVERYTHING!...no matter WHAT the TV shows.

1 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

hey you...
people who know who you are and what you are about WILL support you no matter what.
thanks for the inspiration!!