Monday, May 26, 2008

8 is Great

Today is our 8-year meet-a-versary. Chris and I met 8 years ago.


My girlfriend, "Mel", worked at The Keg in Marlborough. She liked a server there, "Tony". Tony liked her back, so he asked her on a date to go out dancing and such. She wanted to go, but didn't want it to be awkward, so she asked me to come along to keep it a bit less date-ish and more casual, in case it turned out too stuffy.


As I arrived, turned out Tony didn't know I was coming. He quickly called his friend, Chris, who also worked at The Keg so that I wasn't the third wheel. Chris had just gotten off work, so we drove to where he was living to pick him up. (Chris had just broken up with his long-term girlfriend whom he had lived with, so he was staying at his best-friend house for the meantime).


We went to The Palace, a dance club on Steven Avenue. It's now Flames Central. Not the point. Dancing there, I fell a bit for Chris and thought he was cuter and cuter (even if he did have an earring and goatee-- neither of which are too attractive to me). At the end of the night, we headed back to Tony's place. Tony and Mel took off into Tony's room (let's use our CLEAN imagination to think they were making the bed), leaving Chris and I in the front room, reading the comics. We spent the time talking, hit it off, and the rest, as they say, is history.

1 comments:

Nikki said...

I remembered some of this story! ;) Happy meetaversary!