Wednesday, May 14, 2008

There's Always Room For Jello

That line of the show makes me laugh every time.


And believe me, today, my legs are J-E-L-L-O like crazy!!




I went for a run yesterday, which isn't something new. I left the house around 8:15 pm, Chris' ipod strapped to my arm and my runners on. I started the run, pressed play, and took off. I don't know why-- I felt like I was tired really quickly. And, I wasn't too impressed when I learned that Chris had changed the playlist order- so my carefully planned FAST TO SLOW songs were alphabetically listed instead. grrr. Lucky for me, I don't have a LOT of slow songs on my playlist anyways.


So, running my regular route. I got to the ridge, and for some reason, wasn't tired AT ALL! ? What on earth? With that, I came up to the bench at the ball-diamond and did my 20 bench hops like you see on the show. When I do those, they tire me out and the rest of my run is dreadful!


not this time! I was tired, yes, but I kept running and everything was good. I think that having my songs in a different order was a GOOD thing! As I neared my 'go home' spot, I decided that it was too early to head home, and since I wasn't really tired, I kept going. I ended up going for an hour, and doing yet another 20 bench hops on the second time around.
I tried to calculate it out on google maps.... It worked out to be 7.27 kms. Which isnt' good time, but not my worst, either. As I walked up the cul-de-sac that I live on to cool down, I noticed my legs were seizing up. So instead of heading into the house, I walked through the back door, and jonted over to my girlfriend's house. She also lives on the greenspace, so she saw me approaching her yard. Although she was in her jammies, I told her to go get some pants on, and she came for a walk with me so that my legs would work today.


We grabbed her dog, and walked for ANOTHER hour. This worked out to be 3.55 kms. In total last night, I ran or walked over 10kms. It felt AWESOME. After running that long, it's funny how 'un-tired' I was- I felt like I could conquer the world! I need to remember that feeling when I don't feel like running the next time.


But today, I am sore! My ankles took a bit of a beating, hitting the pavement like that. It sucks. Otherwise, I feel awesome, albeit a bit dehydrated.

3 comments:

Debbie Jo said...

I totally felt your exhaust reading your post! I wish I had the energy to get 'er done like that! Congrats on your 10K+ run! WOW, you rock girl!

Itworksforbobbi said...

Holy crap.


That's all.

Debbi said...

Oh, this is nothing! I get MY inspiration from my girlfriend, Becka.