Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day of Doom

It wasn't just me! SO many people I talked to yesterday had their days go from not-so-bad to horrible. Maybe Calgary's water has something wrong with it (apart from the horrible taste! :) )


I was in a good mood most of the day. -- although I never heard from that kid or his mother (And don't get me started on if I've heard from them TODAY!!!! NOPE!) I got lots cleaned and done, spent 2 hours folding laundry, talked with some new friends through the TV show... good morning in total. Come 3pm, the downward spiral went spinning out of control and FAST.


LL had told her entire school class that Bear had surgery over the weekend and was in the hospital. Why she told her class this, we didn't understand. Obviously she's got some sort of problem to make up such tales with ease. Her whole class!!! Wow. I DEFINITELY don't win Mother Of The Year award anytime soon! Somewhere I've messed up, and this is her acting out in a way I can't figure out. So, upon finding that out, I was upset.


Then, my meeting that I pretty much psyched myself up for never happened. My friend's mother was in town, so she rescheduled for next week. Grr. I was ready to put this behind me. So that didn't help my mood either.


The rain stopped. So, sad as it is to say, soccer WASN'T cancelled, much to my dismay. I was hoping LL and I could skip it. (that Mother Of The Year award is looking farther and farther away!)


After dinner, because of the yucky weather, Chris stayed home with the kids and I took LL to soccer. Usually we all go together. It was friggen freezing. I was sooo close to not showing up, but we were in charge of snack this game, so I didn't want to appear to be the lame-parent. (ROFL, like I hadn't looked like that earlier in the day enough times!) We got there, freezing, to find only 2 others showed up. Three girls, when a full-line is 4. Yay. Time to go home and forfeit the game.


Alas. No. Coach pulled some players from the other team and instead, me and the other mom FROZE on the sidelines, watching our VERY tired, overplayed children play soccer in the cold and wet wind.


Got home, cold and tired. Went to put on jammies, and Chris had lovingly THROWN all the folded clothes on the floor because he wanted to READ! Dont' even get me started. Now today I get to redo it all. That was my breaking point. I put my kids to bed without songs or prayers, threw the toys into the toybucket (and so what, I occasionally may have hit the wall by accident) to clean the toyroom and chilled on the couch to watch X-Weighted. GRRRR. Chris left to go to the gym-- smart man.


IT WASN'T just me, though! My girlfriend has been in false-labour for 4 days now, so she's dealing with the stress that brings-- her mom is in town (YIKES!) and makes her feel guilty for missing work for the baby that hasn't arrived yet-- her kid was here and she felt guilty about that... My other girlfriend had her cop-hubby not come home from work until after midnight when he SHOULD have been home at, like, 3 or so, and she had things she HAD to do. Lucky for me, I was able to help her out. Didn't REALLY help her day get better, as she got horribly sick while she was out. Aww. Poor thing. Love you babe.


It must be in the water. That, and fertilized eggs. Because EVERYONE'S pregnant. Yah, don't drink the water!!

1 comments:

Becka. said...

Love ya. You are hands down the best VT ever. I'm feeling better, but I'm still afraid to eat...even though I'm starving! This weather just makes everything seem so much worse, doesn't it? I've had another STELLER day today....NOT. Hope your day is going better. PS. I wouldn't worry about the school-story thing, I did the same thing when I was a kid and it started out innocently enough for attention and spread faster than I'd planned...I told my friend my mom had a baby and wasn't home just so I could go to her house to play and it spread all over the school and it was a total lie. LOL. Someone even sent my mom flowers. A mess. Try not to take it personally, you're a GREAT mom.

Love ya. Thanks again. SO MUCH.