Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Metro News on X-Weighted

Today's "METRO" newspaper article, I thought I'd share with those who aren't in proximity of the free local publication.

Since it's hard to read, it's typed again below. But this is what it looked like on the page.

Shedding pounds not X-weighted
Two local women to be on TV show
By Krista Sylvester
May 06, 2008 01:34



One woman found her inner strength and another found emotional peace, but both women shared the same goal of losing weight.

Season 3 of the Slice series X-Weighted features two Calgarians trying to lose weight, showing their six-month journey through the trials of doing so, but the two stories couldn’t be more different.

"Miss G" (*changed by yours truly, for reasons of my own) is a 28-year-old mother of one, a roller Derby girl who has always struggled with weight issues and negative self-esteem. Debbi is a 27-year-old mother of three who doesn’t have time for exercising while trying to fix her marriage.

“The hardest thing for me was trying to overcome my emotional issues. I was always telling myself I was overweight, and hideous,” Miss G told Metro.


Miss G's photo that was featured in the article


Her main motivation for the show was to become a better role model for her two-year-old daughter. “Now I feel so much better about myself. And I can pass it on to my daughter. I finally feel like a true athlete and I’m a strong female.”

Debbi was also struggling with her weight issues vowing to lose 50 pounds. “More than just the physical aspect I overcame a lot of the emotional issues I was dealing with, which even outweighed the physical accomplishments,” She said.


All the Calgary X-Weighted participants (L-R: Miss G, Debbi, Melanie, Kristen, Jamila)


The X-Weighted episodes will air on Slice on May 7 and May 14. -krista.sylvester@metronews.ca

0 comments: