Friday, May 9, 2008

My Dirty Laundry's aired.

So, did you see it? If you did, the 'spoilers' below aren't spoilers. If you didn't watch it and wanted to, you can catch it here. (as long as you live in Canada-- US friends, you're outta luck)

It's been a bit over 24 hours since it aired, and I'm overwhelmed. I woke up at 6 am yesterday to over 40 messages in my inbox! It was crazy. The phone rang all day, and although I decided not to answer anyone who wasn't family, sometimes I had to answer it for other reasons. So, I was on the phone for forever.

In regards to the show.

What Did I Think About It?
Now that I've had time to watch it a few times, and think about it, I enjoy it. The first time watching was tough- and I watched it with Chris for the first time in my kitchen. While everything he and I said was honest, sometimes the editing put our comments in an order that wasn't the way it was. We didn't ever hear something for the first time that we hadn't discussed earlier than the show. Nothing surprised us. But I think it painted Chris in a bad light. Not inaccurate in most respects, but not favourably. He may go to bars, he may struggle with being married to ANYONE, he may not want 8 kids, he may not clean the house the ONE day I go away... but he also supported me completely. He helped watch kids EVERY day (not even just his own). He kept me honest with my diet. He dealt with people with cameras in his space. He never complained about what I made for dinner or what food I bought. He talked to me every day. And he loved me. I find myself very defensive on his behalf, but he's less worried about it than I am.

We laugh at the messy house scene. We laugh at the date scene. (What you dont' see is the crew prompting him what to say..."Chris, tell Debbi how pretty she looks" "You look good". Then, the necklace comment was HILARIOUS to us-- but they cut our laughing out and made us look totally angry and bitter to each other. haha. )

You also don't know that when I ate the McDonald's burger on screen (yes, it's a big mac) there was a garbage bag beside me and I chewed, chewed, and then SPIT the food into the garbage.

You may have noticed that when Chris is on the computer in the bonus room, there's nothing on the screen he's looking at.

My house is NOT always clean. It's a nice house that I take pride in, but I ALWAYS cleaned before the crews arrived, and I always knew when they were coming. When I did video diaries, I purposely made my bed so I didn't look like a slob. haha. Only Chris did. ROFL.

Chris also lost 30 lbs since the show.

You might be impressed to know that the day before the fitness routine I severely sprained my ankle. I was MAJORLY drugged during the competition, thanks to my sis who works at a doctor's office and got me some good samples. You MIGHT see the tensor/brace during the final obstacle course under my shoe. And during the final weigh-in, I have it on then too. Point is, my ankle was CRAZY sore, blue and purple and not at full functioning capacity.


Answering a few common questions:

Is Paul Really like he looks on TV?
Yes and no. He's awesome and I enjoyed spending a few days with him. He did call himself the Wayne Gretzky of Weight Loss, which made me nearly pee myself laughing. He can't jump on a trampoline to save his soul. He can't swim. He's got a great butt. He is cocky, and thinks he's the cat's meow. He checks himself out in ANY reflective surface. But he's fun, funny, friendly, knowledgable, and kind. He pushes people out of desire to HELP them. He's been REALLY fat before, too.

Is Fred Gay?
Do I have to spell that out for you? Aside from being gay, he's also a good guy. He was mostly caring in his ways, although him and I had a bit of a clash at the beginning. What you DONT see in the episode is that him and I had been talking for HOURS before those tears emerged. And it wasn't that I was crying about the clothes. CHA!! As if. There was a LOT said that didn't show up, and I cried the ugly cry. But Fred is a stylist with mad talent, and knows his fashion. He was super fun to shop with for the final outfit, and I personally think he made me look great.

When was this?

Filming started in June and went to January.


More questions will be answered as they appear but these are the most common. Ask away. It's not like I have any secrets anymore.



3 comments:

Marci said...

Yeah, isn't is funny how media will change things drastically?? When I was watching it with my friends, after the necklace comment they were all like "OUCH! That was harsh!" And Andrew and I were just laughing because we knew you were totally just kidding. I saw it in your face too.

-Like I said before, I love how dramatic your fall is. That's one of my favourites.
-I love how your couch was outside
-I loved your SUPER CHEESY smile at the very beginning of your routine. AWESOME!
-WHATEVER that dress is not age appropriate. He's full of it.
-I love how you were videotaping yourself while driving. That sounds safe.
-Apparently you don't like emotion at all, eh?
-I bet those perogies were for Kevin mainly, anyways.

Those are a few of my favourites.

But really, YOU'RE my favourite. SOOO many of my friends watched it and are telling me how amazing and inspiring you are. Super awesome, Deb.


I watched it again today on the web and caught a few new things.

Nikki said...

Love the insider info. ;) God bless husbands who watch kids, even when they are not their own!

Nancy said...

You're show was very inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing it. By the way you look amazing.