Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday Ws

Who: Mr. Magoo
What: has nothing to say
Where: here at the computer
When: right now... all day....
Why: really, I have no idea. I sat here, staring at the computer, with nothing to think of writing but "oh, the next load of laundry must be done as I don't hear the dryer anymore".. But, I do have GOOD news-- my lawyer brother-in-law didn't file the divorce papers the other day because of a few issues he wanted to bring up with me, but he called me today and told me it was done. Then the courthouse called- he forgot to change something on one of the pages, so he needed to go back to fix it. So I called him. Told him. He changed it. And now we're REALLY filed. For reals. :)

Which is good. Chris should be served hopefully within the week. The other day I got a call from the Government of Alberta---they set up our mediation meetings next week. Chris meets her on Monday. I meet her on Friday. Then we meet together. (what a bunch of stupid hoops to jump through) Crazy part about this all??? lol-- the lady who did the separation course who thought I was on crack and told me there's no such thing as a "Tim Horton's Divorce".... yah, *SHE* is the mediator. ROFL. i should bring her a cup of Timmy's coffee.

3 comments:

holymotherofgod said...

Admittedly we didnt have kids but our mediation and seperation paperwork was very simple as we also both agreed on all the issues. Perhaps she hasn't met peeps like us before !!!
=)

Anonymous said...

It really just goes to show that it's the quality of the individuals that can make the system either work FOR you or AGAINST you! I'm a mediator myself and I'd like to think that I am competent and know a good cup of coffee when I see one!

Debbi said...

Good to know, Joe. Yes, I'm not AGAINST the system, I just find this mind-numbing since there's no need for a 'mediator' except to get it all written down. lol
Time will tell... just a few weeks away, I guess.