Monday, July 14, 2008

My weekend.


It's been hard to blog lately-- only because I feel there isn't much new to say.

I got a cool comment made to me yesterday. A guy at church and I were talking in the halls about the comment he made in class, and he turned to me and said, "you're always wearing such a different style of clothing and you always look so different. It's very artistic of you". Now, maybe it doesn't come across the same to you, but to me, it was a really neat compliment. He elaborated on what he was talking about-- some Sundays I'm wearing floral/printed puffy-skirted dresses with lace-up shoes or something and my hair down and curly. Some Sundays I'm in a simple T and a jean skirt, chunky shoes with my hair in rolls, bobby-pins on the top of my head, kinda spikey! And yesterday I had this on:

I liked that compliment. Of course, I get the compliments on the weight all the time from church people (I musta looked REALLY fat before..lol) but alas, no such movement on the scale this weekend!!!! :( I am STILL 140. not up, not down. boooooo hissss. So, we'll see how many days it takes until that 130s mark.

My sister came to town on Saturday to Stampede and bought me a CD she knew I'd love. It's the ELF soundtrack. So we put it on, and danced like maniacs in the kitchen. It got funnier and funnier to us, so I set up the camera and we recorded it. OH MY GOSH, the fun times. A little embarassing, but way too fun to keep to ourselves. lol For those who are on Facebook, here's the OTHER video we didn't post.


Friday, the missionaries showed up at my house-- EIGHT of them!! They burnt 4 shirts, as 4 of them reached their one-year mark, so they arrived at MY house because I have a firepit. It was fun watching all 4 of them burn their shirts, and fun getting to meet a few new Elders. I've said it once, I'll say it again: Missionaries rock.

And, instead of filling my weekend with chores and huge lists of stuff to get done, I practically did NOTHING. :S My house is still messy, the laundry still needs doing, and gardening is no further ahead than it was Friday afternoon. But I enjoyed being lazy. And some weekends, that's just as important! ;)

Today my nerves are up a bit.
To get a bit less fru-fru about stuff, last night when Chris dropped off the kids, we got to a bit of talking. I showed him something he wrote in the back of my journal when we were dating, and it was an interesting read. 20/20 hindsight is kinda like that sometimes. We mentioned dating and stuff like having more babies-- random weird things. I got sad. My train of thought: I don't know if I want to have more babies only because I'm afraid of being THAT close to a guy- when you're birthing, there's no more vulnerable and animalistic nature to be in. Chris and I were such an awesome pair- I knew he was looking out for the EXACT interests I would be. It was so good having my teammate beside me. And the thought of having someone ELSE do that now-- scares me. What if the 'new guy' sucks rocks!? What if he can't handle childbirth? What if, *GASP*, he touches me! (LOL-- I can't STAND to be touched, even a little bit, while I'm birthing) So, he reminded me that I'd probably feel fine with the new guy, as the topics would have been discussed well before the day of delivery, but I'm not sure I want to be that close to someone again. I sadly, (NOT ACCUSINGLY) said, "You just hurt me a lot." Tears welled in both our eyes, and he said, "And I'm sorry for that." Then he made a joke about something to try to ignore the fact that it was a touching, yet uncomfortable moment. The want to hug. The want to kiss. And the knowledge that we can't/shouldn't.

But that long-winded story isn't why my nerves are up. LOL-- sidetracked, apparently. No, my nerves are up because today is the Baptist soccer camp. Which means EF will be there with her daughter. I know it'll be fine once I see her, but still- my adrenaline is a bit higher today.

4 comments:

Itworksforbobbi said...

Oh my gosh! That video made my day - and ti's only 8 in the morning. I HOPE my girls are that close when they are older.

I'm so sorry you are going through this trial. It makes me more grateful that my trials aren't THAT trial... I'm not sure I could be as strong and level headed as you seem to have been. I'm glad you are sharing your experience on your blog because it teaches me something new each time I read it.

Unknown said...

oh man, those videos are fabulous!! haha, you guys make my day, for sure!!

And I'll say it again--you look amazing!! I love that outfit. I'm glad that guy could compliment you in person because I'm not there to do it myself. :)

That's tough with Chris. It's been really challenging for you and I admire your strength to get through this. It will all work out fine, and I'm sure you'll find a wonderful guy who's willing to refrain from touching you while you're pushing out a babe. ;) Love ya

Nikki said...

Missionaries may rock...but debbi rules. Love the video and dang girl you look stunning, and vibrant and babalicious, I loved the Sunday photo!

holymotherofgod said...

Yes that was a freakin HILARIOUS video LOL!! Do tell (because apparently I am a blasphemous heathen and know no better) why do Missionary Men light their shirts on fire?!? What strange ritual is this that you speak of ?!?!
=P