Thursday, July 3, 2008

100 Random Things

WARNING-- this is a long one! I did this years ago in my livejournal account, but upon reading it today, I thought I'd do it again.. only with the "new me" inserted in certain parts.

2) I think I have asthma, although I've never gotten tested. It's genetic, and I've thought it for a while. now that I'm bigger, I notice it more. I think that was because I was out of shape. I don't feel this way any more.
3) I don't like kissing-- it's not my thing. I think it's overrated. Some people are good kissers, yes, but it doesn't matter. It's dirty and sloppy/wet and if they have ANY sort of bad breath, it's over for me. Okay, I like kissing-- I'm definitely missing it now! lol
4) I have an exceptionally keen schnoz. I can recognize people's smells for years and years, and although many people can do this-- I can name what brand of detergent you use. (except for Kiki-- remember?! :) )
5) I don't have any childhood friends that I still keep in touch with. I wish I did. I keep in VERY distant touch with a friend from grade 4, but not really. That's the closest I get. Since Facebook, that's changed a lot. I've found my first ever friend-- Derek Womack.
6) I wanted three kids when I was a child. I thought it was a perfect number. I don't remember when I decided I wanted more. But I think it's funny that now I actually have three, as I wanted originally. Who knows if more are in store, but I'm beginning to believe there are again, in spite of already getting over the vasectomy. Things change obviously.
7) I believed until I was about 24 that my uncle was a hitman/mobster. My older cousin had a scrapbook with bullet casings and newpaper headlines and clippings of his "murders", and we were told that if we talked to him, he'd kill us. My cousin had a dumb/morbid sense of humour. I think his sense of humour is much funnier after having nieces and nephews of my own!
8) Ever since my mother burnt tupperware on the stove, I can't STAND the smell of burnt plastic. It gives me a major migraine, and I feel physically sick.
9)Tapioca pudding and bread pudding are the worst tasting concoction that ever was, and whoever thought of adding "pudding" to the titles of those nasty foods ruined the word completely. And Rice pudding. I forgot about that one.
10) In grade 10, we were on a field trip. Some guy threw something out the bus window, and I was sitting near him. The bus driver yelled, stopped the bus and we got in so much trouble. She asked over and over again who did it, and the teacher told us that unless someone spoke up, we'd ALL lose our grade for the trip. I didn't think that was fair, so I said I did it, and everyone got off the bus, thanking me as they left. The teacher knew it wasn't me, so I had to talk to the principal and counsellors a few days later. Whatever.. I didn't get my grades docked and everyone else liked me. After reading stuff like this, it makes me look like a horrible student. For clarification,I was a Straight-A student, teachers loved me and if it weren't so, I wouldn't have been Student Body President.
11) I dated Mark Twain-- Shania Twain's half brother. I really liked her until I met him-- he was too stuck in her shadow and made his personality to suit that. He ruined her for me. Side note- I dated him when I found out I was pregnant with Elysia. He asked if it was his baby. ROFL-- uh, considering we never slept together, I found this hilarious.
12) I am going deaf. I can't hear well in certain circumstances, but oddly enough I have really good hearing in others.
13) Not necessarily news to anyone, I have wanted to be a nurse since I can remember. In fact, my favourite TV show as a child was "rescue 9*1*1".
14) I was robbed at gunpoint at a job I hated. The manager thought it was me and my friend setting it up. I hated her more than I hated the job! knifepoint, not gunpoint. Why I put that the first time confuses me. It was a smallish, 2-inch blade, gang-looking knife. Really scary looking, actually. They never caught him.
15) I think those stupid scrotum "balls" that people put on the back of their tailgate/truck is repulsive and rude. I think only small men buy those. And by small, I'm talking shoe size, if you know what I mean.
16) I lived off of frozen raspberries out of my mother's freezer for about three years. She always asked who was eating them. I always lied. She always knew I lied. lol
17) I believe that when a guy I cuddled with at a party committed suicide, he visited me before his funeral. I could FEEL him, standing against a wall in my room and even wearing a red waffle shirt. You can think I'm crazy, but I know what was there.
18) I can pick my nose with my tongue, I can loop it once, twice and three times. I'm working on four. I can swallow it and make it into the shape of a penis...wierd that I can do that, but hey, I'll bet you try it once. Wierder yet that I took the time to figure it out!
19) I love gardening. I love perennials, and didn't know that until I bought my first house and they were already all there, waiting for me to do nothing to them but kill them! :P
20) I used to love winter, but I don't anymore. Now I'm old and I want spring/fall year round. I don't like hot hot hot...just warm enough for a t-shirt but no jacket.
21) I hate wearing shorts. Not because I'm fat, but because shorts are ugly.
22) My mother says I used to have the WORST sense of style. I always had my own idea on what was cool, and she never fought it. I still feel that way sometimes.
23) I had pancakes every Sunday night dinner growing up. With syrup and butter. And we would watch Disney, back when it had the good beginning, with the clippings and Tinkerbell. If any of you own "the Liberators", I want a copy.
24) I miss my first car. It was fugly. His name was Peter. Peter Pontiac, and he was a Fiero. He was GREAT on gas, and even better was that I had to start him with a screwdriver in the back where the engine was. A fiero is also the car in Ferris Bueller's Day Off-- a GREAT movie!
25) I once drank a tetra pack of whipping cream.. it churned in my belly and made me sicker than sick. I was about 9, and I can't eat whipped cream without nearly puking. I'm getting a bit better. Sorry, Nikki...you and I are SOOOOO far away on this one! I like it more now.
26) I was scared spitless of Micheal Jackson's Thriller video and the song until I was nearly 18. Now I'm just scared of Micheal Jackson. Again, he's scary, but brilliant as a musician.
27) I had stringy, wavy hair as a child, then puberty hit and it went really curly. (after my mom had given me a hideous perm, that is) Once I had babies, it started to get flatter again.
28) My hair is very obedient, and I like it for that reason. It's not very strong and doesn't grow very fast, but if I want curls, I can easily get them, and if I want straight, I can get it.
29) I burnt my breasts soooo bad one day, being retarded on a mountain side. I took off my top and bra, and just sat on the mountain with the other person I was with. I had to hide it from my mom after, but I was DYING!!! LOL.. I was a horrible, deceitful teenager. lol
30) I've had a heart to heart with every sibling but Jason. I tried, but he's not like that with me.
31) I hate American pride. I hate George Bush. I hate Americans who can't spell Canada, IF THEY KNOW WHERE IT IS!
32) I hate touching people's feet. I dont' like people touching mine.
33) I tear off my toenails. My toes are never pedicured, which is probably why I feel the way I do in question 32. Since the show was ALWAYS taking footage of my feet getting on scales and such, I stopped that habit. Now they're almost ALWAYS painted.
34) I hate showering. I don't like the amount of work it takes to do my hair after, and I don't like getting wet. I hate bathing worse.
35) I miss my earring that was on the top of my left ear. Lara and I did them together, and it was fun. I liked it.
36) When I was dating this one guy, I met his best friend. His friend and I got along better than the guy and I did, and I secretly wished I could dump the guy and still get the friend, but I knew that wouldn't work. Instead, while my guy was working, I'd take his car and his friend and I would spend all day downtown looking at art stores and talking and even going into our first XXX store together. It was true love! LOL uh.. right. And, for those who are wondering-- we never did anything that my boyfriend didn't know we were doing- he knew we were out together. That, and I don't think the friend thought of me like that.
37) I HATE mucky disposal tops..ie: ketchup lids with crusty ketchup drives me nuts. And toothpaste. YUCK!!! It is my pet peeve of late.
38) When little girls are about 7-12, I can't STAND them. The giggly, act-like-I'm-so-mature age. I dread it for my own kids the worst-- I'll hate them.
38) I hate being randomly touched. And not just from strangers bumping into me, but family members. Chris will touch me in the kitchen on the small of my back and I hate it. But a kiss from behind makes the touch acceptable. yep, would TOTALLY depend on the touch now.
39) I like socks. I like wearing socks to bed. I like fuzzy socks, but NOT wooly ones. Yuck.
40) I can still put my legs behind my head. For being so fat (at least, fat to me) I'm a suprisingly flexible. Even more flexible now.
41) My legs don't tan. My arms do a bit. My neck and face do the most.
42) I eat enough cheese to feed a small army. See fatness problem number 1. Remedied.
43) I only wear one brand of underwear. That's changed too.
44) I believe that everything said during PMS is actually the true feelings that you normally hide for the remainder of the month.
45) I'm not monthly.
46) I'm not afraid to tell people everything private about me-- I have nothing to hide and I am what I am. Maybe I should keep more personal secrets, but that's just not me.
47) I love musicals. Old ones too. My favourite is Chicago.
48) Chocolate should only come with nuts in it. Other than that, it's too boring.
49) I like cleaning, but only when I can see the rewards. I hate housekeeping because it never stops.
50) I've NEVER drank alcohol other than once. I was babysitting and they made their own wine. They had put it in a tupperware jug, and I thought it was kool-aid. I took one swig and nearly puked it back up into the sink. The kid I was babysitting watched the whole time and didn't say anything. Just laughed his butt off. He was a horrible kid. Still haven't ever drank. Chris never understood that- I can't explain it- it never appealed to me. ever.
51) I have more fun than my drunk counterparts, guaranteed. I have shocked people when I told them I'm not drunk. That's because I'm nuts.. sober or not! lol
52) I wouldn't think twice about getting a boob job after losing weight. I like having boobs. Oh, just you wait-- I will do this sooner than later, I guarantee!
53) My favourite number is 12. Or 3. Or 33. Anything that's pretty much a 3... (12 is 1 plus 2)
54) I think people's ideas of what constitutes a sport is pathetic. Poker is not a sport. Neither is golf. Golf MAY be a sport.. haven't tried it, so I won't knock it yet.
55) I snuck out of my house once with a guy. When I saw my mom coming, we got out the back door. She knew. She came and picked me up. I was mortified.
56) I hate making breakfasts. I hate lunches more. But in general I love making dinners. I love having people over for dinner, especially.
57) I want to take an interior decorating class, but I don't like homeschooling or computer classes, and I don't want to leave my kids with a sitter in the day. I could do night classes, but I don't know where I'd find the time now.
58) I got my grade 9 keyboarding teacher fired. I told him off, and he was the one to get fired. Good. I hated him. (In spite of #10, every OTHER teacher loved me. lol)
59) I was never really good at anything. I dont' excel at anything still. I am mediocre at many things, though. If I had to pick one thing, it'd be writing. hahah, I decided that I know WAY too many more talented writers than I now, so that's off my list too! lol
60) I love storms. All kinds. But they have to be MASSIVE.
61) My favourite holiday is Christmas, and my least favourite is Valentines. I find V-day a waste of emotion that should be shared anyways. And I'm nonchalant about Hallowe'en. I share that day, so it's not special to me.
62) I am double jointed.
63) If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it'd be vegetables. I've recently thought of becoming a vegetarian, but I like meat. And I think deer are alive to eat. And fish. And cows. And steaks. :)
64) I don't mind getting up early. I went to four years of perfect attendance at early-morning seminary, and had a cup of hot chocolate every day. Now, waking up early doesn't bother me, as long as I KNOW I am waking up early. If you wake me before the planned time, I'm angry. Angry's a harsh word-- just annoyed, usually. That's getting better too now.
65) I have a hard time letting go. Amazingly, not as much anymore. I think the show had a lot to do with that.
66) I make decisions easily.
67) I hate bunnies. One bit me and ever since, I hate them. Easter bunny is overrated. Again, hate's a strong word. I'm not a fan. I'm better now, though, as I WILL hold or pet one. For a minute, after that my hives break out and I hyperventilate! lol
68) It is impossible for me to drink an entire glass of water. I hate water. But, even if I DO drink it, I will NEVER finish it. I can't stand drinking the last 'gulp' in the cup... it usually goes down the drain. See fatness problem number 2. OBVIOUSLY after going through the TV show, drinking water now is not a problem. I STILL won't drink the last gulp, though.
69) If I didn't want to be a nurse, I dabbled in the thought of being a psychiatrist or something like a social worker or whatever. Or an interior decorator-- see # 57.
70) i am NOT a mathmatician. I do NOT know my 12 times tables. I barely get my 6 through 8s! I haven't always struggled with it, though. I was put into grade 10 advanced math.
71) I got caught cheating in school-- grade 10 math, interestingly enough. I denied it. I had to get my parents to sign the test, and emphatically told them that he was wrong. I got my grade back. I was soooo dishonest. Sorry, Mr. Brown. Again, the ONLY time I cheated in school. And got caught. figures. This is the only class I WASN'T a straight-A student in. Maybe straight-C!
72) I'm really bad at remembering people's names. In my ward, with so many new people all the time, it's the worst!! There's one girl in nursery with me, who I've known for a while now-- but couldn't name her if I tried. It's WAYYYY past the expiration on when I can acceptably ask her name again. Like, nearing the year-mark! Yep, still don't know her name. Oops. She's not in my ward anymore, though. Phew. And I'm not in nursery any more.
73) I liked to eat what others would consider weird concoctions. Growing up, one of my favourite sammiges was grapes and mayonnaise. Yes, just that. Crush up the grapes, slather on mayo, and conver with bread. mmmmmm. haha, ew. I drank pickle juice often, and really enjoy lemon juice. Like, straight. I STILL like that. It's my mother's fault-- she'd squirt us with those little lemons of lemonjuice before singing (it clears your throat), and I liked it. yep, still like lemon juice.
74) I didn't go on the internet, or even fully understood what it was until I was about 17. Now I know what it is, but don't understand computers very well. I am SOOO much better about computers now.
75) In spite of my teenage years, I would REALLY love to live near my parents. I envy those people who have their mothers over to watch their kids or who have family dinners every Sunday. With my parents now living only a few hours away instead of 12 or so, at least a visit isn't a major event. Still, I'd like it a lot more if they lived in my city, and LOVE it if they lived in my community!
76) My earliest memory is when I walked from a swimming pool to my father's work. I remember going over train tracks, and across a big huge bridge. I was walking on the sidewalk of an extremely busy road. And no, I wasn't walking away-- my mother left me at the pool by accident, and when I realised this, I walked to my Dad's work, knowing he'd be there. Boy, was he shocked to see me. I was maybe 4, 5? I was left alone a LOT! Once I was left at a mall. Once I was left at a playground in Lethbridge while my entire family drove to Taber before they realized I was missing!
77) I love to floss my teeth. Hard. Make em' bleed and love it! :)
78) I've imagined horrible things, like my funeral. Or Chris'. Or I've "daydreamed" about one of my children dying, being raped, horrible things like that. Why? I havent' a clue. But man, my imagination can really create cool stories!
79) I dont' like swimming. I took lessons up to Bronze Cross, and didn't really like any of it. I guess I just don't like getting wet (see #34) During the show, I worked out in the pool and realized how much I actually MISS swimming. So now, I love it. weird how that worked.
80) I find this a VERY difficult thing to do-- I don't have 100 random or semi-interesting facts about myself. I don't think this one counts either. okay, new one: everyone lately has said how nice it'll be now that I can have a mormon marriage-- and although the intentions are correct, it annoys me. I paranoidly think that they say that as if it was the issue on why our marriage broke up. Not so. Would I marry a non-mormon again? yes, if I was 100% sure I wanted that.
81) My mother has told me that she thought (and perhaps she still does) that I would be the first person in my family to leave the LDS church. I find that funny. But not in a ha ha way. I find it funnier that THAT is the next comment after what I wrote in #80! lol
82) I have told 6 guys that I (romantically)loved them, and thought I genuinely did. In retrospective truth, I have only loved 3 of them, and one of those wasn't a person I ever said it to! I HAVE said it to him now. I still love those three men. Always will.
83) I believe I will be married in the LDS temple. Let's correct this- I believe I will be SEALED in the temple- alive or not, I believe I will be.
84) I didn't know dragons were imaginary. I thought they were like dinosaurs.
85) I think expensive cars are the stupidest thing. Who really wants a money-pit that they paid an arm and a leg for?! But I'd LOVVVVVE to own a really really really old vintage car, like those ones you only see at car shows and maybe at the Stampede! :) Those cars have character.
86) My DREAM car is, and pretty much always has been, a Volkswagon Bettle. Yellow. And the old kind, not the new ones. Funny, but I had a boyfriend who said he thought they were the ugliest cars ever. Then we broke up, and he met his future wife, who had, get this-- A YELLOW vintage VW bettle. He said it was the nicest car ever. I knew he'd marry her when he said that!!!! hahahaha
87) I splurge on children's clothes. I love buying clothes for the kids. Thankfully I have found a fantastic second-hand store (no, not "the garage") where I can get NICE, brand-name clothes for my kids REAAAAAAALLLY cheaply! I still spend hundreds every time I go, but thankfully I walk out with BAGS and BAGS of nice stuff.
88) If I could choose how I die, I'd want to die of an overdose. I'd want to be drugged by some random person putting something in my Ensure or Ovaltine and die on a huge drug trip. Having never done drugs, I think I'd be a hilarious riot until I passed out. HAHA, that still makes me laugh-- I do NOT do well on drugs. Once, when I broke my arm, I was put under-- and MAN I WAS LOOPY! I can't imagine what street drugs would do to me! lol
89) I THINK I'm going to die of cancer. Skin cancer... I love to be in the sun and I NEVER wear sunscreen! Or lung cancer- that would be so fitting, since I can't STAND smokers.
90) If you give me a word, I will find a song to go with it. I have a song for EVERYTHING. Ask Kannie-- she probably gets so tired of Uncle and I breaking out into song every time she says something.
91) I don't like roses. Most people will know this, or will have made a few deductive reasonings based on the name of my account (DAISYHALO). I think roses are superficial and impersonal. They're too mainstream. I love daisies. Simple, pretty, original, and they smell like pooh. :) And Lilacs, cuz they smell up an entire house. So does Chris. That's why I love him too! ;) ROFL-- that was a funny comment.
92) I can burp on command. I can pretty much do the alphabet, but I haven't tried to since I was, like 13.
93) I can turn my belly button inside out. I haven't been ABLE to do that for a few years now, ever since having a baby and gaining weight. It's not on my "must-lose-weight-in-order-to" list. That's one of those things I don't feel the need to try ever again. Thin or not.
94) I'd like to be a better photographer. In fact, I'd like to take classes on that, too. Black and Whites or Sepia are my favourite. I'd like to be Sandra Bullock in Hope Floats-- with a big, old camera like that. Funny I pick that movie-- what with what's going on in my life now.
95) I have PLUCKED my armpits. More than once. It was the longest, most painful thing ever! Don't do it unless you too are in Japan and your hostfamily tells you you're going to a public bath tomorrow where you KNOW every eye will be on the Canadian girl and there's not a razor in sight. Last thing you want or need are hairy armpits.
96) I don't have ONE favourite movie. But I LOVE Patch Adams, Pay It Forward, The Power of One, and The Notebook. I really really like a lot of others, but those are feel-good, wonderful movies that have action, romance, sadness, inspiration and a happy ending. Well, maybe not Pay It Forward, but close.
97) I hated EFY, a week-long youth camp. Everyone says wonderful things about it, and everyone else I know has had the time of their lives at EFY, but not me. It was boring and lame and nobody was friendly. However, Leadership in Toronto (same thing as EFY, pretty much) was the best!!!!!
98) I have jumped out of a moving car onto a gravel road.
99) I have flashed a trucker my really pretty orange bra. It was the funniest thing at the time. CC and I were working together at RaceFace, and she TOTALLY cut off a trucker in her tiny little dodge. He laid on his horn for a good 10 minutes on the highway during rushhour/gridlock, just non-stop! We were dying laughing, he was sooooo pissed off! So, I flashed him. He didn't get any less mad. He must have been gay. I mean, cummon, back then they were perky and fabulous! LOL only slightly funny that I JUST bought a new orange bra for the first time since being married and having that other one get too small once I got pregnant with Elysia.
100) If I could live anywhere in the world, I'd like to live in Canada. But somewhere HOT. Like Mexico. If I could swing that, I'd be there in a heartbeat. I guess Australia or New Zealand would be my second choice. That's basically a hot Canada anyways.

1 comments:

holymotherofgod said...

Wow, now THAT was a read!! I don't even KNOW if I could come up with 100 things myself... but now, oddly, I want to try... LOL!!!!
COOL!! We have so many things in common but I'll tell you L8R...